From: Barbara Duprey on
George White wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have been using OpenOffice for many years now and I would like to einquire if there are any thoughts on coming up with a mail solution equivelent to Outlook? I think this is the only thing I am missing.
>

> I wish you all a very happy and successful new year.
>

> George White.

Hi, George. Sorry, I don't think an Outlook equivalent will ever be
included in OOo, though there may eventually be some tighter integration
with other such programs. There are several very good open source mail
and calendar programs out there, so OOo has chosen not to spend its
resources on creating yet another. Many people here use Thunderbird with
the Lightning extension, or Evolution. Maybe one of those would work for
you.

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: "J.J. Vastiau" on
I agree,

But in order to synchronize my smartphone I need Outlook, as far as I know
there are no smartphones able to synchronize with Ligtning?

Regards

Jean-Jacques VASTIAU

jjv(a)telenet.be

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the
privilege.

-- Unknown

From: "Harold Fuchs" on

http://www.birdiesync.com/ ???

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: jonathon on
On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 14:50, J.J. Vastiau wrote:

> But in order to synchronize my smartphone I need Outlook, as far as I know there are no smartphones able to synchronize with Lightning?

If you gave the OS for your smartphone, somebody might be able to tell
you what program will synchronize with Lightning/thunderbird, and your
smartphone.

jonathon

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org