From: Chris Malcolm on
Pete <available.on.request(a)aserver.invalid> wrote:
> On 2010-07-02 23:58:47 +0100, John Navas said:

>>> The only possible (but extremely improbable) threat I feel is that you
>>> actually took the photo. I like to think that the US Navy has dismissed
>>> you from your duty of flying a Blue Angel to protect public safety,
>>> your crew members, and its expensive aircraft.
>>>
>>> A suitable P&S camera is appropriate to take the image that you posted
>>> because: increased DOF, less mass to keep at bay during high G forces,
>>> and easy to operate with one hand. The shot itself is trivial to take
>>> on any camera if one is not also flying an aircraft in a formation
>>> group.
>>
>> My shot was taken from the ground.
>>
>> I do pilot, but I'm only licensed for gliders. ;)

> So, all six planes were flying at almost zero altitude and you held
> your camera above your head in the middle of the group. Well done in
> avoiding the horizon. How long did it take for the bleeding to stop
> from your ears? Has your hair grown back yet?

Have you never been to an air show, Pete? It's easy to take such shots
from the ground at an air show. And as for where the horizon has gone,
can't you see by the wheels that if these planes are flying level (as
their control surfaces suggest they are) the camera is pointing up?

--
Chris Malcolm
Warning: none of the above is indisputable fact.
From: Pete on
On 2010-07-03 06:47:04 +0100, Chris Malcolm said:

> <>
> Have you never been to an air show, Pete? It's easy to take such shots
> from the ground at an air show. And as for where the horizon has gone,
> can't you see by the wheels that if these planes are flying level (as
> their control surfaces suggest they are) the camera is pointing up?

Yes and yes.

--
Pete