From: BURT on
On Aug 8, 7:10 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> "BURT"  wrote in message

> >On Aug 8, 6:53 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> >> "BURT"  wrote in message

> >> No .. it doesn't

> >> Question is meaningless, because it doesn't say that.

> >> They do

> >> It doesn't
>
> >It is called the transevrse doppler effect in Special Relativity.
>
> BAHAHA .. you have no idea what you're talking about
>
> > Did you forget that?
>
> Of course I didn't forget it .. it simply isn't relevant here.
>
> >Einstein said clearly that the one in motion ages less.
>
> Nope.  You are perhaps thinking of the 'twins paradox' (one remains at rest,
> the other accelerates) .. not mutual time dilation for inertial frames
> (train and station).

If there is one twin in a thought experiment that is in a fast moving
train how can he age the same as his brother twin who is at the
station he passes?

No.
Relativity says in the twin paradox applied to trains that one twin is
older at the conclusion. But how can that be if slowing is mutual?

No. You have nothing of value to defeat my argument.
Please show me where I am wrong.

Mitch Raemsch
From: Mathal on
On Aug 8, 7:10 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> "BURT"  wrote in message

> >On Aug 8, 6:53 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
> >> "BURT"  wrote in message

> >> No .. it doesn't

> >> Question is meaningless, because it doesn't say that.

> >> They do

> >> It doesn't
>
> >It is called the transevrse doppler effect in Special Relativity.
>
> BAHAHA .. you have no idea what you're talking about
>
> > Did you forget that?
>
> Of course I didn't forget it .. it simply isn't relevant here.
>
> >Einstein said clearly that the one in motion ages less.
>
> Nope.  You are perhaps thinking of the 'twins paradox' (one remains at rest,
> the other accelerates) .. not mutual time dilation for inertial frames
> (train and station).  I am more inclined to believe that you are not
> thinking at all.
>
> > Einstein saw that time could slow and extended that to gravity.
>
> That's GR .. totally different notion.  In GR time at different
> gravitational potentials DOES go slower (or faster) for different observer,
> and those observers agree that that is the case.  We are not talking about
> different gravitational potentials for the train and station
>
> All you are doing is lying about what SR says and instead making up your own
> nonsense, and then showing your nonsense is wrong,.

In BURT's first post in this thread he stated that the train was
moving and the station is relatively stationary. Both Ken and BURT are
probably addressing the idea that either frame can be considered the
rest frame and the motion ascribed to the other frame. When the train
is interpreted as motionless and the station moving- an illusion one
sometimes gets of another train by the window when you start moving-
anyway the station should have a slower time rate in this 'case'. This
is really just an example of GIGO. SR will happily churn out 'yes
you're right the moving station is in a slower time frame than the
"stationary" train' because SR is mindless -give it a garbage
hypothesis of events and it will give you a garbage interpretation of
the events.
Given two objects passing in space, nothing can be said about their
velocities unless there is some shared history . If they stop and
compare histories they can determine if one or the other was moving
faster or if they were travelling at the same velocity -i.e. no time
dilation.

Ken thinks SR can be and needs to be fixed.
I dont.

Mathal
From: Sam Wormley on
On 8/8/10 10:27 PM, Mathal wrote:
> Given two objects passing in space, nothing can be said about their
> velocities unless there is some shared history .

Doppler radar. Laser ranging.
From: BURT on
On Aug 8, 8:27 pm, Mathal <mathmusi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 8, 7:10 pm, "Inertial" <relativ...(a)rest.com> wrote:
>

> > "BURT"  wrote in message

> > >It is called the transevrse doppler effect in Special Relativity.
>
> > BAHAHA .. you have no idea what you're talking about
>
> > > Did you forget that?
>
> > Of course I didn't forget it .. it simply isn't relevant here.
>
> > >Einstein said clearly that the one in motion ages less.
>
> > Nope.  You are perhaps thinking of the 'twins paradox' (one remains at rest,
> > the other accelerates) .. not mutual time dilation for inertial frames
> > (train and station).  I am more inclined to believe that you are not
> > thinking at all.
>
> > > Einstein saw that time could slow and extended that to gravity.
>
> > That's GR .. totally different notion.  In GR time at different
> > gravitational potentials DOES go slower (or faster) for different observer,
> > and those observers agree that that is the case.  We are not talking about
> > different gravitational potentials for the train and station
>
> > All you are doing is lying about what SR says and instead making up your own
> > nonsense, and then showing your nonsense is wrong,.
>
> In BURT's first post in this thread he stated that the train was
> moving and the station is relatively stationary. Both Ken and BURT are
> probably addressing the idea that either frame can be considered the
> rest frame and the motion ascribed to the other frame. When the train
> is interpreted as motionless and the station moving- an illusion one
> sometimes gets of another train by the window when you start moving-
> anyway the station should have a slower time rate in this 'case'. This
> is really just an example of GIGO. SR will happily churn out 'yes
> you're right the moving station is in a slower time frame than the
> "stationary" train' because SR is mindless -give it a garbage
> hypothesis of events and it will give you a garbage interpretation of
> the events.
> Given two objects passing in space, nothing can be said about their
> velocities unless there is some shared history . If they stop and
> compare histories they can determine if one or the other was moving
> faster or if they were travelling at the same velocity -i.e. no time
> dilation.
>
> Ken thinks SR can be and needs to be fixed.
>     I dont.
>
>    Mathal- Hide quoted text -

The train had weightedness when it began moving.

The train is in motion and that slows its energy's clock.

The station did not have weightedness or a slower clock.

The slower clock of the train could observe the station's clock. And
it would see the station's clock always running faster because it is
always aging more in any given interval than the train.

Mitch Raemsch
From: BURT on
On Aug 8, 8:40 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/8/10 10:27 PM, Mathal wrote:
>
> > Given two objects passing in space, nothing can be said about their
> > velocities unless there is some shared history .

Just because space is invisible doesn't mean it isn't the absolute
frame of motion for both light and matter.

There is something that can be said. They have a mutual motion metric
in the unmarked space frame. Energy in empty space cannot reach light
speed and if it is light it starts moving at that speed.