From: Coach on
On May 28, 4:11 pm, " Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF "
<""does.tholen.have.many.kook.outs
\"@kangarooistan.com.au .">
wrote:
> Apple reseller left out in the cold
>
> http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/tablets/apple-reseller-left-out-in...
>
> As Australian Apple enthusiasts welcomed the arrival of the iPad today at the
> company's new store in Sydney's Bondi Junction, one of them was not celebrating.
>
> Steve Bardel, owner of the My Mac store in Bondi Junction, said he was bitterly
> disappointed after being left “in the dark" by Apple over its new store opening.

That's all very good and dandy, but that article refers to just ONE
reseller, yet your claim in your subject line says that Apple are
screwing "resellers" - plural. What evidence do you have? Or is it
that you just can't read?
From: Coach on
On May 29, 7:49 am, Coach <suv...(a)yahoo.fr> wrote:
> On May 28, 4:11 pm, " Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF "
> <""does.tholen.have.many.kook.outs
> \"@kangarooistan.com.au                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         .">
> wrote:
>
> > Apple reseller left out in the cold
>
> >http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/tablets/apple-reseller-left-out-in...
>
> > As Australian Apple enthusiasts welcomed the arrival of the iPad today at the
> > company's new store in Sydney's Bondi Junction, one of them was not celebrating.
>
> > Steve Bardel, owner of the My Mac store in Bondi Junction, said he was bitterly
> > disappointed after being left “in the dark" by Apple over its new store opening.
>
> That's all very good and dandy, but that article refers to just ONE
> reseller, yet your claim in your subject line says that Apple are
> screwing "resellers" - plural.  What evidence do you have?  Or is it
> that you just can't read?

More likely he saw the word "screwed" and got all excited and while
typing his post, he ejaculated and accidently typed "resellers"
instead of "reseller".
From: Mr.T on

"Doug Jewell" <ask(a)and.maybe.ill.tell.you> wrote in message
> Apple - great product, arsehole company.

You got that half right! :-)

MrT.

From: Coach on
wrote:
> [...]
> disappointed after being left “in the dark" by Apple over its new store opening.
>
> As the crowds queued up at the new eastern suburbs store, the My Mac shop was
> virtually deserted this morning, and Bardel said he sold far fewer iPads than he
> might otherwise have done.
>
> Instead of hearing the news about the Bondi store opening from Apple, he was
> informed by a member of his own staff on Tuesday who forwarded him a publicity
> email advertising the event.
>
> Bardel, who has only owned his premium Apple store for two years since buying
> out the previous owners, said he was "very disappointed" at how he had been treated.
>
> "It took us eight or nine months to turn the store around, and the saddest thing
> is that the last four or five months had been the best for us.
>
> "In times like this you would think Apple would support its resellers. Its hard
> to imagine where you fit in when Apple leave you out in the dark.
>
> This is not the first time an Apple store has opened in the close vicinity to
> one of its resellers.
>
> The Next Byte Apple chain had two stores within a one-kilometre radius when the
> George Street Apple store opened in 2008 and the Pitt St store has since closed.
>
> The owner of Tech Superpowers - a reseller with stores in London and Boston –
> said he only discovered a new Apple store was opening just metres away from one
> of his US shops after reading a newspaper article.
>
> Bardel said: "We've been left with massive commitment in the Bondi location.
> They could have helped with relocation or compensation, but they would never
> give it. If it were a different company with different morals they could have
> paid out but there was no offer of that. If you're spending $8 million on a new
> shop, why not factor in that cost, and keep everyone happy," he said.
>
> Although Apple did inform Bardel a few months ago that a new store was coming to
> his neighbourhood, it indicated the store would not open until around June or
> July - long after the highly anticipated iPad launch.
>
> Because the Bondi Junction My Mac store resides on the same block as the newly
> opened Apple store, Bardel was said he was both surprised and disappointed to
> receive no word from the company.
>
> Although he sold far fewer iPads today than expected, he said he expected his
> current stock to sell out quickly.
>
> He is also planning to relocate his store when his lease expires in 12 months
> and is shifting his core business away from retail and into training and
> corporate markets.
>
> Australian Apple resellers' profit margins have been under pressure for a long
> time from department stores and Apple's own outlets.
>
> "We make very slim margins so it's probably not a bad thing to be forced to step
> away from retail and re-evaluate your own business and see where you fit in.
>
> "Resellers have supported Apple in this country for all these years so it's
> disappointing to be not supported back," he said.

Whoever wrote this article should have his journalism licence taken
away from him. He obviously didn't do any research whatsoever. For
starters, Foxconn is NOT an Apple Factory - it manufactures products
for over 1200 different companies, and Apple is just one of them.

And secondly, the overall suicide rate in china is 12 deaths per
100,000. The suicide rate in shenzhen (the city in which hosts the
Foxconn campus) has a suicide rate of 19 per 100,000.

Foxconn has 540,000 employees, thus one would reasonably expect 102
suicides per year at the campus. There has been 11.
From: dechucka on
snip

>>> How long have you been claiming to speak on my behalf?
>>
>> Fairly obvious as you want gov control on everything
>
> That's the domain of you fascist labour stooges.

but you want more control than them
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: tpg wont show some websites