From: Nil on
On 12 Jun 2010, "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> wrote in
cakewalk.audio:

> I'm getting an average of 4 emails a week from them.

I haven't received an email from them for years. I don't remember
opting out of their ad list. I did get the post card offer about a week
ago.
From: sambodidley on

"Nil" <rednoise(a)REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote in message
> On 12 Jun 2010, Glennbo <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in
> cakewalk.audio:
>
>> Nah, I'm off the Sonar upgrade bandwagon (I don't need any more
>> plugins), although I will definately pop for Reaper 4 when it
>> finally comes around. Till then, I'll just keep getting the free
>> 3.x Reaper updates that my current license covers.
>
> I'm thinking of doing the upgrade. I'm only up to version 5 - which
> works fine for me, but surely they've improved the UI and other things,
> right?
>
> Also, I have the idea that one of the last couple Sonar versions are
> required for Windows Vista and 7. Is that correct? Or would Sonar 5
> work on the new OSs?

I had Sonar 5 installed on Vista home premium and it worked just fine. I
later upgraded to Win 7 by installing it on top of Vista and it didn't
change anything I had on Vista. Sonar 7 works just the same as it did on
Vista.

From: sambodidley on

> On 12 Jun 2010, "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> wrote in
> cakewalk.audio:
>
>> I'm getting an average of 4 emails a week from them.
>
> I haven't received an email from them for years. I don't remember
> opting out of their ad list. I did get the post card offer about a week
> ago.

That's all you need for the upgrade. The say they will check their data
base to see if you qualify for that offer when you order.

From: kitekrazy on
On 6/12/2010 6:30 PM, Rick Paul wrote:
> "polymod"<polymod(a)optonline.net> wrote in message
>> I'm getting an average of 4 emails a week from them.
>
> I don't think I get that many, but I do get kind of pissed that I keep
> getting e-mails from them, and recently even a snail mail, with offers to
> upgrade to SONAR 8.5. I might not mind it so much except that I upgraded to
> SONAR 8.5 long ago -- I might have even preordered it prior to ship date --
> and I registered the product and everything. Either they're just blasting
> all their customers with the same messages or they're doing a really lousy
> job of database filtering.
>
> Rick

I'm happy if my spam is from DAW companies.
From: Papa Homer on

"sambodidley" <scoobydoo(a)looneyville.com> wrote in message
> ...you got screwed. I got a postcard in the mail yesterday about this.
> They must really be hurtin'. I'm still on Sonar 5.<g>
>
> <http://cakewalk.com/loyalcustomers/>

Haven't got any e-mails recently and certainly no post cards but,
I tried the link above. Not really sure what constitutes a "loyal customer"
nor did I see any clarification on the CW site.
I did find a link to my registered products though.(Sonar 2.0 XL, Sonar 7
Producer)
Musta bought enough stuff from them cause they allowed me to purchase 8.5

On another topic, My daughter and I are building a new machine for Reaper...
I'll let you know how we fare..
--
Kindest regards,
Papa Homer Brinlee