From: sambodidley on
....you got screwed. I got a postcard in the mail yesterday about this. They
must really be hurtin'. I'm still on Sonar 5.<g>

<http://cakewalk.com/loyalcustomers/>

From: polymod on

"sambodidley" <scoobydoo(a)looneyville.com> wrote in message
> ...you got screwed. I got a postcard in the mail yesterday about this.
They
> must really be hurtin'. I'm still on Sonar 5.<g>
>
> <http://cakewalk.com/loyalcustomers/>

I'm getting an average of 4 emails a week from them.

Poly

From: Phoenix on
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 13:34:35 -0500, "sambodidley"
<scoobydoo(a)looneyville.com> wrote:
> ...you got screwed. I got a postcard in the mail yesterday about
this. They
> must really be hurtin'. I'm still on Sonar 5.<g>

> <http://cakewalk.com/loyalcustomers/>

There's a rant on the CW forum about that promo:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2032532

I don't think I got the email myself, and I'm a loyal customer, but I
can't be bothered about it; I got 8.5 when I did cos I needed
something it had, and that's that. Things always get a lot cheaper
after I get them anyway; it's like Murphy's law. Like I got my Droid
two months ago, and now they're giving buy one get one free.
From: Phoenix on
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 19:43:49 +0000 (UTC), Glennbo
<vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote:
> In news:4c13d5bf$0$5002$607ed4bc(a)cv.net the killer robot "polymod"
> <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...

> >> They must really be hurtin'. I'm still on Sonar 5.<g>
> >>
> >> <http://cakewalk.com/loyalcustomers/>
> >
> > I'm getting an average of 4 emails a week from them.

> I get no emails from them any more. I un-subscribed coz I was
tired of
> them spamming me 4 or more times a week. Heck, I have a hundred
bucks I
> could blow right now, but I'm not blowing it on that. I'm just
going to
> hang onto it for the time being.

> --
> Remove YourHeadFromYourAss to Reply by email
> ________ __
> / ____/ /__ ____ ____ / /_ ____
> / / __/ / _ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \/ __ \
> / /_/ / / __/ / / / / / / /_/ / /_/ /
> \____/_/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_.___/\____/

> Glennbo http://www.soundclick.com/glennbo
> Non-Linear Sound http://www.soundclick.com/jambits
> Hear My Music
http://www.soundclick.com/ThePseudonyms

As someone noted on the thread I mentioned, Sonar 9'll be out in a
couple months anyway and there'll be deals for that; seems like that
would be the time to upgrade if you were gonna.
From: Nil on
On 12 Jun 2010, Glennbo <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in
cakewalk.audio:

> Nah, I'm off the Sonar upgrade bandwagon (I don't need any more
> plugins), although I will definately pop for Reaper 4 when it
> finally comes around. Till then, I'll just keep getting the free
> 3.x Reaper updates that my current license covers.

I'm thinking of doing the upgrade. I'm only up to version 5 - which
works fine for me, but surely they've improved the UI and other things,
right?

Also, I have the idea that one of the last couple Sonar versions are
required for Windows Vista and 7. Is that correct? Or would Sonar 5
work on the new OSs?

I do like Reaper, and I appreciate its low cost and big features and
stability, but I just can't seem to get as comfortable with it as I am
with Sonar. I have to struggle more to get things done in Reaper.