From: Geoff Lock on
On 19/06/2010 6:20 AM, Don McKenzie wrote:
> Geoff Lock wrote:
>
>> Pssfftt!!! So what if they killed the Internet? I'll just restore it
>> from my backup :)
>
> Geoff Lock, you Rock!
>
> (best laugh I have had all week)

I can't claim any credit for it, it's an oldie which has done the rounds
before :)
From: keithr on
Try this

http://www.zdnet.com.au/internet-kill-switch-proposed-for-us-339303838.htm

It is improbable that the yanks could kill the internet as a whole, but
maybe it is time to make sure that there are enough resources in the
rest of the world to carry on without them.

Note also the bit about making software suppliers immune from any
consiquences of their foulups.
From: z1 on
keithr wrote:
> Try this
>
> http://www.zdnet.com.au/internet-kill-switch-proposed-for-us-339303838.htm
>
> It is improbable that the yanks could kill the internet as a whole, but
> maybe it is time to make sure that there are enough resources in the
> rest of the world to carry on without them.
>
> Note also the bit about making software suppliers immune from any
> consiquences of their foulups.

why don't you be more accurate:

"A new US Senate Bill would grant the President far-reaching emergency
powers to seize control of, or even shut down, portions of the internet."
From: Mark Walford on
> It is improbable that the yanks could kill the internet as a whole
No its impossible

From: Geoff Lock on
On 18/06/2010 3:12 PM, keithr wrote:
> Try this
>
> http://www.zdnet.com.au/internet-kill-switch-proposed-for-us-339303838.htm
>
> It is improbable that the yanks could kill the internet as a whole, but
> maybe it is time to make sure that there are enough resources in the
> rest of the world to carry on without them.

Pssfftt!!! So what if they killed the Internet? I'll just restore it
from my backup :)
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: 3g router