From: Stephen Hansen on
On 7/1/10 11:05 AM, Mithrandir wrote:

> Just thought of this last night: If you view the full header you can see
> this:

> Try blocking posts with that in the header. :)

Better idea: auto-forward any messages with that header, to that
address. Odds are it's accurate :)

--

... Stephen Hansen
... Also: Ixokai

From: Thomas Jollans on
On 07/01/2010 08:20 PM, Stephen Hansen wrote:
> On 7/1/10 11:05 AM, Mithrandir wrote:
>
>> Just thought of this last night: If you view the full header you can see
>> this:

>> Try blocking posts with that in the header. :)
>
> Better idea: auto-forward any messages with that header, to that
> address. Odds are it's accurate :)

Brilliant! vim .procmailrc! Done!

:0:
From: Dotan Cohen on
On 1 July 2010 00:06, Stephen Hansen <me+list/python(a)ixokai.io> wrote:
> Gmail and Google Groups are not one and the same. There's a number of people
> who subscribe to the list directly, use Gmail, and don't go anywhere near
> Google Groups.

I'm one of them. Gmail is great for mailing lists, though I would
never use it as a personal email client. But I'm more of a lurker than
a poster on this list, so D'Arcy won't miss me anyway.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com
From: Mithrandir on
Thomas Jollans <thomas(a)jollans.com> wrote in

> On 06/30/2010 10:55 PM, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
>> in all it's glory.
>>
>> :0: Hir
>> * ^List-Id:.*python-list.python.org
>> * ^From:.*@gmail.com
>> * ^Newsgroups:
>> /dev/null

> looks like a nice header to filter on

Oops. Didn't see that you had already posted that idea. I'm sorry. :)

But anyway, I had another idea (which hasn't already been mentioned.) ;)

Since there are a good deal of "gems" in Google groups, and not all of
them are spam artists, how about a whitelist/blacklist in the program?
That way some posts from "good" people come through from G-Groups, and
others (the "bad" ones) don't.

Plus, the ones that you do blacklist would auto-generate a message to
groups-abuse(a)google.com. That'll show 'em. :D

Good luck!

--
People should read more.
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/User:MithrandirAgain
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain on
On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 21:34:15 +0300
Dotan Cohen <dotancohen(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm one of them. Gmail is great for mailing lists, though I would
> never use it as a personal email client. But I'm more of a lurker than
> a poster on this list, so D'Arcy won't miss me anyway.

As the song says. "How can I miss you if you won't go away." :-)

As I explained, I don't block just because you are on gmail.com. I
only block if you use Google Groups to post via news.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(a)druid.net> | Democracy is three wolves