From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain on
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 14:06:05 -0700
Stephen Hansen <me+list/python(a)ixokai.io> wrote:
> Gmail and Google Groups are not one and the same. There's a number of
> people who subscribe to the list directly, use Gmail, and don't go
> anywhere near Google Groups.

I know that. My filter doesn't catch them.

> > If anyone is interested in the procmail recipe I will be using, here it
> > is in all it's glory.
> >
> > :0: Hir
> > * ^List-Id:.*python-list.python.org
> > * ^From:.*@gmail.com
> > * ^Newsgroups:
> > /dev/null

As you can see, to be caught in the filter you need to have a gmail
address and be sending through the news gateway. People sending from
gmail.com directly to the mailing list don't get picked up. I'm pretty
sure that that defines everyone using Google Groups only. I am
definitely open to correction though.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(a)druid.net> | Democracy is three wolves
From: Stephen Hansen on
On 6/30/10 2:15 PM, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
>>> If anyone is interested in the procmail recipe I will be using, here it
>>> is in all it's glory.
>>>
>>> :0: Hir
>>> * ^List-Id:.*python-list.python.org
>>> * ^From:.*@gmail.com
>>> * ^Newsgroups:
>>> /dev/null
>
> As you can see, to be caught in the filter you need to have a gmail
> address and be sending through the news gateway. People sending from
> gmail.com directly to the mailing list don't get picked up. I'm pretty
> sure that that defines everyone using Google Groups only. I am
> definitely open to correction though.

Hmm, my procmail-fu is about a decade out of date, so I'll have to take
your word on that.

Okay, un-Bye :)

--

... Stephen Hansen
... Also: Ixokai

From: geremy condra on
On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 5:15 PM, D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(a)druid.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 14:06:05 -0700
> Stephen Hansen <me+list/python(a)ixokai.io> wrote:
>> Gmail and Google Groups are not one and the same. There's a number of
>> people who subscribe to the list directly, use Gmail, and don't go
>> anywhere near Google Groups.
>
> I know that.  My filter doesn't catch them.
>
>> > If anyone is interested in the procmail recipe I will be using, here it
>> > is in all it's glory.
>> >
>> > :0: Hir
>> > * ^List-Id:.*python-list.python.org
>> > * ^From:.*@gmail.com
>> > * ^Newsgroups:
>> > /dev/null
>
> As you can see, to be caught in the filter you need to have a gmail
> address and be sending through the news gateway.  People sending from
> gmail.com directly to the mailing list don't get picked up.  I'm pretty
> sure that that defines everyone using Google Groups only.  I am
> definitely open to correction though.

If you get this, you get the gmail-but-not-google-groups stuff.

Geremy Condra
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain on
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 17:25:55 -0400
geremy condra <debatem1(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> If you get this, you get the gmail-but-not-google-groups stuff.

Hello.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(a)druid.net> | Democracy is three wolves
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain on
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 14:18:55 -0700
Stephen Hansen <me+list/python(a)ixokai.io> wrote:
> Okay, un-Bye :)

Nice to be back. :-)

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(a)druid.net> | Democracy is three wolves