From: silashilliard on
I want to make a macro that instantly ups the image quality. As little
work as it is, I'm tired of going to the document properties to up the
shaded and draft quality resolution. This is probably something that
could be fixed with the copy settings wizard, but when I try to do
that, it says I don't have administrator privileges. I don't really
want to hassle our tech guy, plus I think of this as a learning
opportunity. The line in the API code is

Part.SetUserPreferenceIntegerValue swImageQualityShaded,
swShadedImageQualityCustom

If I change the swShadedImageQualityCustom to a number, the macro still
runs, but there's no discernable change. Any suggestions?

From: Rock Guy on
Just increase the setting and make a part, assembly or drawing template
from that file. Then the setting will be perfect every time with no
work.

From: kenneth on
why not just set it to the desired level in your template?

From: matt on
Rock Guy wrote:
> Just increase the setting and make a part, assembly or drawing template
> from that file. Then the setting will be perfect every time with no
> work.

Until you open an assembly with the part in it and the option turned on
that changes the setting in all the individual parts, and where the
assembly quality is set low.

I'm always wishing for this macro myself.

Matt
From: fcsuper on

silashilliard(a)scafco.com wrote:
> I want to make a macro that instantly ups the image quality. As little
> work as it is, I'm tired of going to the document properties to up the
> shaded and draft quality resolution. This is probably something that
> could be fixed with the copy settings wizard, but when I try to do
> that, it says I don't have administrator privileges. I don't really
> want to hassle our tech guy, plus I think of this as a learning
> opportunity. The line in the API code is
>
> Part.SetUserPreferenceIntegerValue swImageQualityShaded,
> swShadedImageQualityCustom
>
> If I change the swShadedImageQualityCustom to a number, the macro still
> runs, but there's no discernable change. Any suggestions?

Here's an example of a macro that allows the user to input resolution
directly. I think it can be modified to save as whatever format you
wish. I hope this helps.

http://sw.fcsuper.com/index.php?name=UpDownload&req=viewdownloaddetails&lid=34

Matt