From: michalf on
Hi,

for some reason, my Movie Maker has stopped allowing me to import audio files.
the files are mp3, and are not from Itunes or something like that.
every time i try to import an audio file The program gives me an error
message saying Movie Maker has encountered a technical problem and must
close..
Please help ASAP
Thank you so very much in advance...
From: John Inzer on
michalf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for some reason, my Movie Maker has stopped allowing me to import
> audio files. the files are mp3, and are not from Itunes or something
> like that.
> every time i try to import an audio file The program gives me an error
> message saying Movie Maker has encountered a technical problem and
> must close..
> Please help ASAP
> Thank you so very much in advance...
Movie Maker has compatibility issues with MP3
files.

Try converting the MP3 files to the WMA format
before importing.

The following freeware can do the conversion:

(FWIW...it's always a good idea to create a System
Restore point before installing software or updates)

Format Factory
http://www.pcfreetime.com/
(FWIW...when installing...you may want to uncheck
all the boxes on the final screen)

After downloading and installing Format Factory...
open the program and choose an Output Folder...
(this is where you will find your files after they are
converted)

Drag/drop your MP3s onto the main screen...

Select 'All to WMA' / OK...

Click...Start...on the toolbar...

That should do it...

--