From: V G on
Hi,

I am new to SAS 9.1, and in attempting to import an Excel file, I get
an error message in the Log that Excel is not valid for DBMS. It makes
no sense.

Please assist with the following code:

proc import DATAFILE= "C:\Documents and Settings\gshrivi\My Documents\V
\Test.xls"

OUT= WORK.SAS_Import_Test

DBMS=Excel;

sheet='Data';

getnames=no;
run;

Thanks
From: Arthur Tabachneck on
VG,

Do you licence SAS/ACCESS for PC file formats?

Art
-------------

From: Bakary on
On Jun 20, 2:02 pm, Arthur Tabachneck <art...(a)netscape.net> wrote:
> VG,
>
> Do you licence SAS/ACCESS for PC file formats?
>
> Art
> -------------
> On Jun 19, 10:18 pm, V G <vidya.seat...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > I am new to SAS 9.1, and in attempting to import an Excel file, I get
> > an error message in the Log that Excel is not valid for DBMS. It makes
> > no sense.
>
> > Please assist with the following code:

dear,
try this lines;
*************************************
proc import OUT= WORK.SAS_Import_Test
DATAFILE= "C:\Documents and Settings\gshrivi\My Documents\V\Test.xls"
DBMS=EXCEL2000 REPLACE;
sheet='"data";
getnames=no;
run;
************************************

> > proc import DATAFILE= "C:\Documents and Settings\gshrivi\My Documents\V
> > \Test.xls"
>
> >      OUT= WORK.SAS_Import_Test
>
> >          DBMS=Excel;
>
> >      sheet='Data';