From: Chris_Rogers on
My artist has produced a design in Illustrator CS3, that I want to use as the
basis of a web site design using Fireworks 8. He's sent me the complete design
in layers, as well as individual files (e.g. logo options), all as EPS files.

When I open or import his EPS files, however, they come into FW 8 rasterized
instead of as vectors; I only have the option to set pixel depth and size.

Since FW doesn't dirplay vectors as paths, how can I scale the graphics? They
look bad--fuzzy, choppy, etc.--whenever I scale them.

TIA,

-- Chris

From: Linda Rathgeber **Adobe Community Expert - Fireworks** on
Chris_Rogers wrote:
> My artist has produced a design in Illustrator CS3, that I want to use as the
> basis of a web site design using Fireworks 8. He's sent me the complete design
> in layers, as well as individual files (e.g. logo options), all as EPS files.

Ask him to save in Illustrator 8 format and see if that file will open
successfully in FW.

--
Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
http://www.projectseven.com
From: Chris_Rogers on
Thanks. The artist insists that the EPS files he's sent me were saved as
version 8 files.

Any other ideas? Amy I wrong to think that this is related to FW's inability
to display paths? See, for example:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/fireworks/8/fwhelp/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?h
ref=01_bas14.htm

http://livedocs.adobe.com/fireworks/8/fwhelp/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.h
tm?context=LiveDocs_Parts&file=14_oth41.htm

http://livedocs.adobe.com/fireworks/8/fwhelp/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?h
ref=14_oth32.htm#85219

From: Thomas Unger on
Chris_Rogers;
Do the files have an eps or ai extension? There is a
difference--fireworks (and other image editors) rasterize eps files on
import. With eps, can only adjust resolution on import, afterwards you are
working with resolution dependent imagery. However--Fireworks will open ai
native format files as editable vector where possible (note options in the
import dialogue, and ai version limitations). -Tom Unger

From: Chris_Rogers on
Thanks, Tom. Adobe's FW8 documentation seems to indicate that Illustrator EPS
files can sometimes include vector info; see the last paragraph at
http://livedocs.adobe.com/fireworks/8/fwhelp/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?h
ref=01_bas14.htm.

The artist resent the design as an AI file. When I tried to open it in FW 8, I
got the following error:

"Could not open the file. Please save your Illustrator files in Illustrator 8
format."

The artist insists he saved it in Illustrator 8 format.

Adobe tech support suggests upgrading to Fireworks CS3; I'll post here once
I've tried that.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Fireworks CS3 WIll Not Start Up