From: roel on
Hello,

I am using a dataport to import lines into an item journal.

When I go and post the entries, I get this error:

"You cannot post these lines because you have not entered a quantity on one
or more of the lines"

Here are the dataport fields I used in Item Line Journal:

Enabled SourceExpr StartPos Width
Yes "Journal Template Name" 0 0
Yes "Journal Batch Name" 0 0
Yes "Posting Date" 0 0
Yes "Entry Type" 0 0
Yes "Item No." 0 0
Yes "Location Code" 0 0
Yes Quantity 0 0
Yes "Reason Code" 0 0
Yes "Line No." 0 0
Yes "Gen. Prod. Posting Group" 0 0
Yes "Unit of Measure Code" 0 0
Yes "Unit Amount" 0 0
Yes "Unit Cost" 0 0
Yes "Inventory Posting Group" 0 0
Yes Amount 0 0
Yes "Qty. per Unit of Measure" 0 0

All fields are filled with the appropriate data.

Thanks!

--
Roel
it(a)teragren.com

From: RedFoxUA on
Dear Roel

In your example I can't find field "Document No.". Also you have redundant
information (on my opinion - "Inventory Posting Group", Amount, "Qty. per
Unit of Measure" not needed)
Also you can check sequence field inputting (by hand and you, possible,
receive error). You should be remembered about field validation!
For example "Line No." field you must input before "Item No.".

From: Savatage on
In addition you should validate all the KEY fields (Like)
Journal Template Name , Journal Batch Name , Line No., Item No.
& in that order

From: sudheesh on

Hi,

You may need to call VALIDATE(Quantity) similarly put all validations
so that OnValidate() triggers of respective fields will get called.

Regards,
Sudheesh

From: roel on
Thank you all for your responses.

I guess when importing to journals I will have to validate the key fields in
the proper key order.

Are there other tables commonly used that need fields validated?

Thank you!!!!

--
Roel
it(a)teragren.com