From: Ahmad BaniNaser on
Dear All,
I have a site with Active directory installed, I creaet a database and make
new windows login for each user and give each windows login a roles. and make
a sycronaization susscufully.

But when I go to the user computer log into the domain. and open the Nav
5.0, select the server and the database and windows authentication. and click
OK there are message tells me ... "The combination of user ID and password
entered is invalid. Try again"

any body can tell me what i have to do?

Best Regards
From: Simon on
We have the same problem here as well, I first had a 18452 error, after
changing the authenthication mode into Windows and SQL mode the first error
dissapeared but the same arror as you have appeared.

So now I can login local on the Manager with this account but get the same
error when starting it on a user computer.

From: Jacques on
Hi,

I assume that you included the Windows login in Nav after adding roles in
SQL and then synchronized NAV ?
(tools -> Security -> Windows Login + roles) + synchronized after (Tools +
Security + Synchronize all logins)
Happened to me because I forgot to synchronize All the Windows after adding.

--
Jacques

From: Jacques on
I forgot to mention this...
On the manager PC, try running NAV with another user ( Shift + Right Click
on the NAV icon -> Run as..)
Do the same on the other user PC with the Admin login.....if it works with
Admin on both PC AND if you get the error on both PC for the "End user", it
means you have security issues. Recheck your policies.

--
Jacques

From: Simon on
In >Tools onder Navision i dont get a security button.
Also i want to remnd you that the way I want to login ISNT with a Windows
account, I made a SQL account within SQL 2005 and with this account i cannot
login Navision from the client.
I can login Navision of the client has an account that exists in Windows
domain and has been picked up bij SQL2005 manager. but when creating a new
user IN SQL 2005 and selecting SQL server authentication, then this error
comes.