From: Marshall on
Hi,

In Internet Explorer I would like to hide file download dialogue and the
file verify dialogue.

We are using citrix Xen App server that requires a file to be downloaded to
launch the Citrix ICA client, that will then present the virtualized
application.

The download of the .ica doesn't require a prompt, but does flash on the
screen, once for each dialogue. Is there away to hide both these dialogues.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

Marshall.
From: Dan on

"Marshall" <Marshall(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> In Internet Explorer I would like to hide file download dialogue and the
> file verify dialogue.
>
> We are using citrix Xen App server that requires a file to be downloaded
> launch the Citrix ICA client, that will then present the virtualized
> application.
>
> The download of the .ica doesn't require a prompt, but does flash on the
> screen, once for each dialogue. Is there away to hide both these
> dialogues.
>
> Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.
>
> Marshall.

You would need to roll out a group policy change on the clients to turn off
file download notifications - but only do this for the Intranet security
zone. Also use the group policy to add your server hostname to the Intranet
zone on those clients.

There is no server side way of disabling the file download notifications -
if there was, malware sites would be infecting a lot more PCs.

--
Dan

From: Marshall on
thanks Dan for the response.

Just to clarify I am talking about the file download progress dialogue.

We tried a few of the policy settings and couldn't hide this progress
dialogue.

We found away to hide the download verify dialogue.

I already had the "automatic download" setting enabled, so I don't get
prompted for file downloads.

What I want to be able to do is hide the file download progress dialogue.

Thanks,

Marshall.

"Dan" wrote:

> "Marshall" <Marshall(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > In Internet Explorer I would like to hide file download dialogue and the
> > file verify dialogue.
> >
> > We are using citrix Xen App server that requires a file to be downloaded
> > launch the Citrix ICA client, that will then present the virtualized
> > application.
> >
> > The download of the .ica doesn't require a prompt, but does flash on the
> > screen, once for each dialogue. Is there away to hide both these
> > dialogues.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.
> >
> > Marshall.
>
> You would need to roll out a group policy change on the clients to turn off
> file download notifications - but only do this for the Intranet security
> zone. Also use the group policy to add your server hostname to the Intranet
> zone on those clients.
>
> There is no server side way of disabling the file download notifications -
> if there was, malware sites would be infecting a lot more PCs.
>
> --
> Dan

Pages: 1
Prev: Authentication issues