From: Sandoval on
Does anyone know where I can get some sort of add on for the IIS server that
will download articles from newsgroups?

Thanks

From: Grant Taylor on
On 04/15/10 08:53, Sandoval wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can get some sort of add on for the IIS
> server that will download articles from newsgroups?

Are you wanting to have a web site display articles from a news group,
or something else?

Grant. . . .
From: Sandoval on
Exactly...

From: Sandoval on
In older versions of IIS there was an NNTP service, but that was removed in
the 7 version.
Now I am wondering what I can use....

Thanks..

From: Grant Taylor on
Sandoval wrote:
> In older versions of IIS there was an NNTP service, but that was removed
> in the 7 version.

Correct.

> Now I am wondering what I can use....

I know that there are multiple people running old copies of DNews and
seem to be perfectly happy with it.

I've got a peer that is downloading UUCP 'bag' files from my news server
and feeding DNews with them.

eMail me directly if you would like to discuss more details. (And set
up peering, NNTP or UUCP 'bag'.)

Grant. . . .