From: "Trevor Lawrence" Trevor on

I can't get Includes to work consistently in FP2003

I have a sidebar and a footer
http://ratec.actbus.net/sidebar.html
http://ratec.actbus.net/footer.html

No matter how many times I update the footer to 11 January 2010, index.html
will NOT update - it still shows 10 January 2009

I used to have this problem with 2 other pages
http://ratec.actbus.net/about.html
http://ratec.actbus.net/album.html
In this case updating sidebar.html made no difference to these 2. I "solved"
it (i.e. did a work around) by amending these 2 files slightly (adding a
blank space) and saving them. When i did a refresh, the files would update
correctly.

But this with this latest problem, amending index.html makes no difference.
I have been given advise that I should forget includes and use DHTML, but
this seems to need a complete reworking of the site and I don't want to do
that.

The principle I was using was:
"If it worked before, it should keep working" but unfortunately that looks
like too much to expect .

I have given up and "solved" this by deleting the footer include in
index.,html and reinserting it.

But if I have to do this every time it will get VERY annoying

--
Trevor Lawrence
Secretary and Webmaster