From: Fred the Ted on
I posted this question yesterday but it never appeared so sorry if you're
seeing this twice. I've a couple of old websites which I want to close but
Google have a few pages that stil show up in the search results and I would
like to be able to send any visitor to a more up-to-date website of mine. How
can this be done? I use FP 2002.
From: Hot-text on
Fred the Ted
Two ways I know if!

<-- #1. Index.php -->

<?php
header ('HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently');
header ('Location: http://Your_New_URL_Here.com');
?>

<!-- #2 index.html or index.htm -->

<head>
<title>Site moved...</title>
</head>
YOUR_OLD_SITE_ADDRESS has moved to YOUR_NEW_SITE_ADDRESS
If your browser does not automatically redirect you in 5 seconds,
click <a href="http://YOUR_NEW_SITE_ADDRESS">here</a> to go to the new site.

<!-- You can make to the refresh content=5 to content=0 if you are not
making a Body -->

From: "Trevor Lawrence" Trevor on
I would recommend #2. I find that content=2 is usually long enough, but even
0 is fine

--
Trevor Lawrence
Canberra

"Hot-text" <hot-text(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Fred the Ted
> Two ways I know if!
>
> <-- #1. Index.php -->
>
> <?php
> header ('HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently');
> header ('Location: http://Your_New_URL_Here.com');
> ?>
>
> <!-- #2 index.html or index.htm -->

> <head>
> <title>Site moved...</title>
> </head>
> YOUR_OLD_SITE_ADDRESS has moved to YOUR_NEW_SITE_ADDRESS
> If your browser does not automatically redirect you in 5 seconds,
> click <a href="http://YOUR_NEW_SITE_ADDRESS">here</a> to go to the new
> site.
>
> <!-- You can make to the refresh content=5 to content=0 if you are not
> making a Body -->
>

> "Fred the Ted" <FredtheTed(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I posted this question yesterday but it never appeared so sorry if you're
>> seeing this twice. I've a couple of old websites which I want to close
>> but
>> Google have a few pages that stil show up in the search results and I
>> would
>> like to be able to send any visitor to a more up-to-date website of mine.
>> How
>> can this be done? I use FP 2002.

Pages: 1
Prev: Includes not working