From: William on
A real time saver - thanks for posting this valuable nugget!

GK wrote:

How to paste multiple-value data into a Choice field in Datasheet View
18-Sep-09

I recently knocked my head against the wall trying to figure out how
to paste Excel data into a SharePoint list where one of the fields in
the list was a Choice field (checkbox), with multiple selections
possible. It kept giving an error. I could find no documentation for
this issue anywhere, and would like to share the solution I eventually
discovered.

In Datasheet view, multiple values in such a field may look something
like this:
A;D;F
where A, D and F each represent one of the multiple values in the
field.

If you export the list data to a spreadsheet, the values mentioned
above will display like this:
A;#D;#F

If the spreadsheet is still linked to the list, you can, of course,
simply edit that field using the same approach -- a semi-colon and a
pound sign as a separator between the items. You would expect that the
same format would work for pasting data from
an Excel spreadsheet into the Datasheet view of a list. However, this
is
not the case.

In order to successfully import the values given in the example above,
those values in Excel must be formatted like this:
;#A;#D;#F;#

In other words, a ";#" must appear at the beginning and end of the
selections, in addition to being used as a separator.

On Friday, September 18, 2009 12:25 AM
GK wrote:

[...]

On Monday, November 23, 2009 9:41 AM
Steve Fairclough wrote:

Brilliant !, Many thanks.
Been struggling with this for the last 2 hours and have just found your post explaining the solution.

Thank you so much for posting this after you had solved your own problem. I think you've saved me a few more hours !!.

Cheers

Steve

Geocoding / Address Validation with MSN Virtual Earth
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/86902f8d-0b1b-45e6-888f-80fa2d6938a5/geocoding--address-valid.aspx