From: tim on
i'm facing the same problem.

did you resolved it ?

TheCornjerker wrote:

SharePoint / IIS7 not working...sometimes.
27-Sep-08

I have been working on this for 5 days non-stop trying and configuring
and search for a solution. I was hoping if someone can help or point
me to the right forum on this site or another. This is really turning
me off of IIS and SharePoint. I have Win 2003 with IIS6 and WSS 3.0
sp1 working fine. I'm trying to move to Win 2008 with IIS7 and WSS
3.0 sp1.

I have the farm setup correctly. Everything works fine. The
SharePoint site works. I stop using the site for a couple hours and
when I come back I get this error (explanation continues below
error)....

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error
required to service this request. Please review the following specific
parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: This page has encountered a critical error.
Contact your system administrator if this problem persists.

Source Error:

Line 5: <%@ Import Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages"
%>
Line 6: <%@ Register Tagprefix="WebPartPages"
Namespace="Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages"
Assembly="Microsoft.SharePoint, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c" %>
Line 7: <%@ Register TagPrefix="wssuc" TagName="Welcome" src="~/
_controltemplates/Welcome.ascx" %>
Line 8: <%@ Register TagPrefix="wssuc" TagName="DesignModeConsole"
src="~/_controltemplates/DesignModeConsole.ascx" %>
Line 9: <HTML dir="<%$Resources:wss,multipages_direction_dir_value%>"
runat="server" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
__expr-val-dir="ltr">

Source File: /_catalogs/masterpage/default.master Line: 7

What is strange is that everything works as long as I keep using the
site. When I stop for an extended period of time, this error begins.
This leads me to believe it is something to do with the app pool
recycling or something.

Anyway, I've tried every single debugging option in the web.config
file I have found on the net. Custom Errors mode=Off, Compilation
debug=true, Safemode callstack=true, etc. I have gone into the
SharePoint diagnostic logging and set to verbose and gone though the
logs. I have this error appearing in the application event
viewer......

Event code: 3006
Event message: A parser error has occurred.

Exception information:
Exception type: HttpParseException
Exception message: This page has encountered a critical error.
Contact your system administrator if this problem persists.

I've tried just about everything including modifying the
default.master template to exclude the Welcome.ascx and all
references. The error just moves to the next line. I remove that
line and all references and the error moves to the next...and so on.

I have used WinMerge to compare every files and the contents of every
file in the \12 hive to see if I'm missing a something. I can't find
anything that stands out.

SharePoint is very difficult to debug. And I can't tell if it's a
SharePoint or IIS7 config issue. Any assistance would be greatly
appreciated and hopefully restore my faith in SharePoint and IIS7.

On Saturday, September 27, 2008 3:33 PM
TheCornjerker wrote:

[...]

On Friday, October 17, 2008 6:19 AM
flo wrote:

HiNot sure if it is 100% relevant to your issue but here is sth simple you can
Hi
Not sure if it is 100% relevant to your issue but here is sth simple you can
do if there is a pb with IIS :
-> save your custom files if you have customizations in the website in
question.
-> go to Central Administration and Application Management. Click "Remove
SharePoint from IIS website", select the web application you want to remove
from IIS and click the radio button "delete IIS website" and click OK.
-> go to IIS manager and make sure that the web application is gone from
IIS.
-> Go to Central Administration and go to "Create or extend web application",
then select "Extend an existing web application", select your web
application, click "create a new IIS website" and configure the settings for
this website.

If you still have the same issue, what about creating a new web application
and move the content db to that new web app ?
You can use stsadm -o addcontentdb -url <URL name> -databasename <database
name> -databaseserver <database server name> for that.

Hope it helps

fv.

"TheCornjerker" <addoty(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

Silverlight 2 Beta 2: Doing Data Part II
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/74e6d04f-7d50-4efe-8c82-69ba695d7e5d/silverlight-2-beta-2-doi.aspx