From: Jim on
Please help - I followed the directions at the site below to set up data
validation where the second list is based on the selection of the first list.
The first list works fine but the second list doens't have anything in the
dropdown, even though there are items on the list. The name box for the
dependent list matches one of the items on the first list. For the dependent
list, the data validation is set to List with the Source as =INDIRECT(A2). I
set all of column A with data validation for the 1st list and all of column B
for the second list. What other information do you need to help me figure
out where I went wrong?

Thank you,
Jim
From: Luke M on
Hmm...
First, I'd make sure there aren't any extra spaces anywhere causing an
error.

Second, I'd goto Insert - Name - Define, and then click on the named ranges,
first the independent, and then the dependent (whatever is listed in A2)
Make sure they are referring to the correct things. You might also check to
make sure your have absolut reference (the little $ symbol) in the correct
spots.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

From: Jim on
I got this to work by just setting up row 2 and then dragging it down...