From: Dudley Hanks on
Taking pics at the Edmonton Indy is going to be challenging.

My son and I will be there on Sunday, and I'll be trying my luck with a
monopod.

Should be tons o' fun...

BTW, Telus dropped Usenet coverage of my fave groups, so I'll be using
Giganews for a while.

Take Care,
Dudley

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-07-22 18:16:42 -0700, "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> said:

> Taking pics at the Edmonton Indy is going to be challenging.
>
> My son and I will be there on Sunday, and I'll be trying my luck with a
> monopod.
>
> Should be tons o' fun...
>
> BTW, Telus dropped Usenet coverage of my fave groups, so I'll be using
> Giganews for a while.
>
> Take Care,
> Dudley

Welcome back.
How was the trip?

You could also try freenews.netfront.net

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Dudley Hanks on

> On 2010-07-22 18:16:42 -0700, "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca>
> said:
>
>> Taking pics at the Edmonton Indy is going to be challenging.
>>
>> My son and I will be there on Sunday, and I'll be trying my luck with a
>> monopod.
>>
>> Should be tons o' fun...
>>
>> BTW, Telus dropped Usenet coverage of my fave groups, so I'll be using
>> Giganews for a while.
>>
>> Take Care,
>> Dudley
>
> Welcome back.
> How was the trip?
>
> You could also try freenews.netfront.net
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Savageduck

Thanks, SD, had a blast over the past few weeks, taking in southern British
Columbia, parts of Washington, Oregon, and even a few odd spots back here in
Alberta.

Haven't finished travelling for the summer, though.

The nice thing about using a Usenet provider other than my ISP is I can
access the groups from anywhere a connection is available, so travelling
isn't a hinderance.

Take Care,
Dudley

From: otter on
On Jul 22, 11:00 pm, "Dudley Hanks" <dha...(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote:
> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message

> > On 2010-07-22 18:16:42 -0700, "Dudley Hanks" <dha...(a)blind-apertures.ca>
> > said:
>
> >> Taking pics at the Edmonton Indy is going to be challenging.
>
> >> My son and I will be there on Sunday, and I'll be trying my luck with a
> >> monopod.
>
> >> Should be tons o' fun...
>
> >> BTW, Telus dropped Usenet coverage of my fave groups, so I'll be using
> >> Giganews for a while.
>
> >> Take Care,
> >> Dudley
>
> > Welcome back.
> > How was the trip?
>
> > You could also try freenews.netfront.net
>
> > --
> > Regards,
>
> > Savageduck
>
> Thanks, SD, had a blast over the past few weeks, taking in southern British
> Columbia, parts of Washington, Oregon, and even a few odd spots back here in
> Alberta.
>
> Haven't finished travelling for the summer, though.
>
> The nice thing about using a Usenet provider other than my ISP is I can
> access the groups from anywhere a connection is available, so travelling
> isn't a hinderance.

That's one of the reasons I use google groups, although it does have
some bad points, too.
From: Peter on
"Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message

> "Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
>> On 2010-07-22 18:16:42 -0700, "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca>
>> said:
>>
>>> Taking pics at the Edmonton Indy is going to be challenging.
>>>
>>> My son and I will be there on Sunday, and I'll be trying my luck with a
>>> monopod.
>>>
>>> Should be tons o' fun...
>>>
>>> BTW, Telus dropped Usenet coverage of my fave groups, so I'll be using
>>> Giganews for a while.
>>>
>>> Take Care,
>>> Dudley
>>
>> Welcome back.
>> How was the trip?
>>
>> You could also try freenews.netfront.net
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Savageduck
>>

> Thanks, SD, had a blast over the past few weeks, taking in southern
> British Columbia, parts of Washington, Oregon, and even a few odd spots
> back here in Alberta.
>
> Haven't finished travelling for the summer, though.

Glad you're having a good time. I hope it continues.

> The nice thing about using a Usenet provider other than my ISP is I can
> access the groups from anywhere a connection is available, so travelling
> isn't a hinderance.

Yup! that plus poor retention policy is why I rarely use my ISP's Usenet
service.

--
Peter

Pages: 1