From: sue on
I have multi records and I want a query where an input box asks for one
column record.
Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
data place port
day plant box

I want an input box for Column 1 so if I type day into the box all the data
from Column 2 and Column 3 and Column 1 display in a query for me to use in a
report and/or form
From: ghetto_banjo on
In the criteria for Column1, just type something like:

[Please Enter Parameter Value]

and the query will prompt for the criteria for Column1 and will only
return records that match what the user typed in.
From: sue on
But i want to enter the parameter value into a box not the criteria area?

From: Richard on
You want a textbox on a form, then have the information in the textbox passed
to a query?

Richard

From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 14:10:05 -0700, sue <sue(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>But i want to enter the parameter value into a box not the criteria area?

Try doing what ghetto_banjo suggested.

If you put the exact text

[Please enter parameter value]

on the criteria line of a query, and base a Report on that query, when the
user opens the report a box will pop up on their screen saying

Please enter parameter value

The report will then take whatever the user types as if it had been typed in
the Criteria line of the query grid. The user never even needs to see the
query grid.

The text in square brackets can be whatever you wish - something that will be
meaningful for the user.

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]