From: RENEE on

Sorry, that's way beyond me. Could you spell it out in detail. Thanks.

From: Gord Dibben on
Assumes names are in column A

Sub rowsinsertfour()
'don guillett
For i = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row To 1 Step -1
If Cells(i, 1) <> "" Then _
Cells(i, 1).Resize(4, 1).entirerow.Insert
Next i
End Sub

If you're not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site for
more on "getting started".

or Ron de De Bruin's site on where to store macros.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

In the meantime..........

First...create a backup copy of your original workbook.

To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.

Hit CRTL + r to open Project Explorer.

Find your workbook/project and select it.

Right-click and Insert>Module. Paste the code in there. Save the
workbook and hit ALT + Q to return to your workbook.

Run or edit the macro by going to Tool>Macro>Macros.

You can also assign this macro to a button or a shortcut key combo.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Billns on
On 5/5/2010 5:07 PM, Gord Dibben wrote:
> Assumes names are in column A
>
> Sub rowsinsertfour()
> 'don guillett
> For i = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row To 1 Step -1
> If Cells(i, 1)<> "" Then _
> Cells(i, 1).Resize(4, 1).entirerow.Insert
> Next i
> End Sub
>
> If you're not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site for
> more on "getting started".

> or Ron de De Bruin's site on where to store macros.
>
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm
>
> In the meantime..........
>
> First...create a backup copy of your original workbook.
>
> To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.
>
> Hit CRTL + r to open Project Explorer.
>
> Find your workbook/project and select it.
>
> Right-click and Insert>Module. Paste the code in there. Save the
> workbook and hit ALT + Q to return to your workbook.
>
> Run or edit the macro by going to Tool>Macro>Macros.
>
> You can also assign this macro to a button or a shortcut key combo.
>

> Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
>
> On Wed, 5 May 2010 14:31:01 -0700, RENEE<RENEE(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Sorry, that's way beyond me. Could you spell it out in detail. Thanks.

>>> Record a macro to insert four lines and move down one line, then repeat
>>> it as needed.
>>>
>>> Bill
>>> .

Thanks, Gord, for jumping in with the details...

Bill