From: RENEE on
I have a worksheet sent to me with over 700 names on it. I need to put 4
extra lines under each name. Is there a way to do this without having to
individually insert those lines as this will take a long time. Thanks.
From: alanglloyd on
On Apr 29, 9:29�pm, RENEE <RE...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have a worksheet sent to me with over 700 names on it. �I need to put 4
> extra lines under each name. �Is there a way to do this without having to
> individually insert those lines as this will take a long time. �Thanks.

Output as CSV
Open in word processor
replace one new para with 4 new paras
save as .txt file
change extension to csv
open in XL & save as a worksheet.

Alan Lloyd
From: Dave Peterson on
Check your other post.

--

Dave Peterson
From: RENEE on
Sorry - I lost you at "replace one new para with 4 new paras". I copied
some of the lines into Word, but couldn't figure out what you mean by the
foregoing.

Then, save as .txt file and change the extension from txt to csv? Then copy
to Excel? Or, is it possible to open a word file as an excel file?

Thank you.

From: Billns on
On 4/29/2010 1:29 PM, RENEE wrote:
> I have a worksheet sent to me with over 700 names on it. I need to put 4
> extra lines under each name. Is there a way to do this without having to
> individually insert those lines as this will take a long time. Thanks.

Record a macro to insert four lines and move down one line, then repeat
it as needed.

Bill