From: shellyf_DELETE_ on
I am ready to replace my wireless Intel 1397 card with
an Intel 5100 card.
Are the white and black wires going to the card soldered or do they
just pull off? Cautions?
Do I need to download a new driver?
tia
From: Christopher Muto on
shellyf_DELETE_(a)hotmail.com wrote:
> I am ready to replace my wireless Intel 1397 card with
> an Intel 5100 card.
> Are the white and black wires going to the card soldered or do they
> just pull off? Cautions?
> Do I need to download a new driver?
> tia

download the driver and/or the intel proset wireless manger software (if
you want it) before removing the current card and save then to the
desktop or some other convenient place. if you don't then you will have
to download them someplace else and put them on a cd or usb drive... get
the latest versions for your particular os directly from intel.com

when removing the antenna connectors hold them by the tip and slightly
rock them as you pull up. do not pull them by the wire. when putting
them back on be patient and be sure to align them completely before
pressing down for them to click in place. sometimes you don't hear or
feel a click but if you tug gently on them and find that they don't come
off then you know that they are connected. not the location of the a
and b wires and and position them on the new card the same way.

Pages: 1
Prev: Tom Scales anyone?
Next: dell smartstep 200n