From: Fixer on
Had a customer bring in a Insp6000 for a broken screen replaced the
screen and although it displays it is not at full brightness, however
disconnect the flex cable from the inverter and then reconnect voila up
it comes at full brightness. Reboot the Pc and again it displays alot
dimmer and disconnect the flex cable from the inverter and reconnect
and everything is fine.

Now I've tried swapping the flex cable and the same thing happens, I've
tried swapping the inverter and same thing happens. I know the screen
is good as it works fine in a insp 1520. so anyone got any ideas?
connector on the M/B ??? I dont think so, faulty cable might be but
stange two do the same thing and same goes for the inverter.

Ohh yes settings set to max in BIOS

From: Dean-MN on
Fixer wrote:
> Had a customer bring in a Insp6000 for a broken screen replaced the
> screen and although it displays it is not at full brightness, however
> disconnect the flex cable from the inverter and then reconnect voila up
> it comes at full brightness. Reboot the Pc and again it displays alot
> dimmer and disconnect the flex cable from the inverter and reconnect
> and everything is fine.
>
> Now I've tried swapping the flex cable and the same thing happens, I've
> tried swapping the inverter and same thing happens. I know the screen
> is good as it works fine in a insp 1520. so anyone got any ideas?
> connector on the M/B ??? I dont think so, faulty cable might be but
> stange two do the same thing and same goes for the inverter.
>
> Ohh yes settings set to max in BIOS

Hi,
Battery or AC? Could be a Quickset setting. Whatever the display brightness
is set to will be restored upon reboot. Maybe resetting the display
brightness using Function + Up or Down arrow will cure. Good luck... Dean

From: Boris on
"Fixer" <ram.systems(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in news:DOH6n.61033$zV2.12299
@newsfe28.ams2:

> Had a customer bring in a Insp6000 for a broken screen replaced the
> screen and although it displays it is not at full brightness, however
> disconnect the flex cable from the inverter and then reconnect voila up
> it comes at full brightness. Reboot the Pc and again it displays alot
> dimmer and disconnect the flex cable from the inverter and reconnect
> and everything is fine.
>
> Now I've tried swapping the flex cable and the same thing happens, I've
> tried swapping the inverter and same thing happens. I know the screen
> is good as it works fine in a insp 1520. so anyone got any ideas?
> connector on the M/B ??? I dont think so, faulty cable might be but
> stange two do the same thing and same goes for the inverter.
>
> Ohh yes settings set to max in BIOS

I second what Dean-MN replied.

Also, the Fn + Up will brighten, but the brightness will not be set
permanently, and will revert back to QuickSet setting upon reboot.
Change the QuickSet setting.

From: Fixer on
Boris wrote:

> "Fixer" <ram.systems(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in news:DOH6n.61033$zV2.12299
> @newsfe28.ams2:
>
> > Had a customer bring in a Insp6000 for a broken screen replaced the
> > screen and although it displays it is not at full brightness,
> > however disconnect the flex cable from the inverter and then
> > reconnect voila up it comes at full brightness. Reboot the Pc and
> > again it displays alot dimmer and disconnect the flex cable from
> > the inverter and reconnect and everything is fine.
> >
> > Now I've tried swapping the flex cable and the same thing happens,
> > I've tried swapping the inverter and same thing happens. I know the
> > screen is good as it works fine in a insp 1520. so anyone got any
> > ideas? connector on the M/B ??? I dont think so, faulty cable
> > might be but stange two do the same thing and same goes for the
> > inverter.
> >
> > Ohh yes settings set to max in BIOS
> >

> I second what Dean-MN replied.
>
> Also, the Fn + Up will brighten, but the brightness will not be set
> permanently, and will revert back to QuickSet setting upon reboot.
> Change the QuickSet setting.

Nope not that as there is no o/s installed so its nothing to do with
quickset, also as i said its set to max both ac/& dc in the bios,

From: Boris on
"Fixer" <ram.systems(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in news:hFZ6n.99062$Q63.34419
@newsfe23.ams2:

> Boris wrote:
>
>> "Fixer" <ram.systems(a)ntlworld.com> wrote in news:DOH6n.61033$zV2.12299
>> @newsfe28.ams2:
>>
>> > Had a customer bring in a Insp6000 for a broken screen replaced the
>> > screen and although it displays it is not at full brightness,
>> > however disconnect the flex cable from the inverter and then
>> > reconnect voila up it comes at full brightness. Reboot the Pc and
>> > again it displays alot dimmer and disconnect the flex cable from
>> > the inverter and reconnect and everything is fine.
>> >
>> > Now I've tried swapping the flex cable and the same thing happens,
>> > I've tried swapping the inverter and same thing happens. I know the
>> > screen is good as it works fine in a insp 1520. so anyone got any
>> > ideas? connector on the M/B ??? I dont think so, faulty cable
>> > might be but stange two do the same thing and same goes for the
>> > inverter.
>> >
>> > Ohh yes settings set to max in BIOS
>> >

>> I second what Dean-MN replied.
>>
>> Also, the Fn + Up will brighten, but the brightness will not be set
>> permanently, and will revert back to QuickSet setting upon reboot.
>> Change the QuickSet setting.
>
> Nope not that as there is no o/s installed so its nothing to do with
> quickset, also as i said its set to max both ac/& dc in the bios,

Ouch. Let us know if/how you get it to max. brightness.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: BlueTooth and My XPS 420
Next: Connecting PC to TV