From: n o s p a m p l e a s e on
I have a old inspiron laptop that I connected to Samsung 40" LED TV.
The problem is that what looks the best on full screen on the laptop
becomes oversized on the TV.

What I want is that full screen on my laptop corresponds to full
screen on the TV but this isn't the came. What is full screen on my
laptop is, say 110%, on the TV.

How do I adjust?
From: William R. Walsh on
Hi!

> What I want is that full screen on my laptop corresponds to full
> screen on the TV but this isn't the came. What is full screen on my
> laptop is, say 110%, on the TV.

> How do I adjust?

If you are cloning the laptop's screen to the TV (which is the default mode
of operation), you may be attempting something that simply isn't possible.
If both displays are not the same aspect ratio, what fills one is going to
look wrong on the other.

Should both displays share the same aspect ratio, try performing picture
adjustments on the one that is not displaying things correctly. The picture
may simply need to be adjusted.

If the system will support it, try configuring things so that the two
displays are handled independently of one another. Although the displays
will not be cloned in this case, you can keep different windows on each--and
move those windows from screen to screen. Many--but not all--laptops will
support this.

(If you have nVidia video in this Inspiron and you are using the Dell
drivers, you may not be able to make the two displays operate separately. In
that case, the drivers from laptopvideo2go may help. Use an older release
for an older system.)

William

From: n o s p a m p l e a s e on
Hi,

I now understand what you mean. I am ready to buy a new computer if it
helps. Today I am connecting laptop to TV via a s-video cable. The
quality of video is not good. Since I live in a foreign country and
due to language problem I am unable to view local programs, I have to
totally depend on streaming media and mkv/divx/dvd/blue-ray movies.

basic features of the TV :
REFRESH RATE: 100 Hz
SCREEN SIZE: 40"
VIDEO CONNECTORS: AV,Component Video,VGA-sub,3 x HDMI,1 SCART,
AUDIO CONNECTORS: Audio out,Headphone out,
MAX. RESOLUTION: 1920x1080
Image Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Connectors type: 1 x AV, 4 x audio, 1 x Component video, 1 x SCART, 1
x RGB, 1 x VGA, 3 x HDMI, 1 x USB

I will not have to buy a PC or laptop that enables me set up this TV
and the monitor. I am seeking the best streaming media experience with
the new computer (to be bought) and this TV.

What will be your recommendation for the processor and the graphic
card? Could you please suggest me a few models to enable me do further
research? Laptop would preferable to a desktop PC.

Thanx/NSP

From: Tom Scales on
Just connect with VGA.

From: William R. Walsh on
Hi!

> I now understand what you mean. I am ready to buy a new computer if it
> helps.

Buying a new computer would be a pretty drastic step. It would only help
solve the problem if the new computer came with a screen whose aspect ratio
and operating resolution matched that of the TV. Or if the new computer were
connected only to the TV, with no other display. (In other words, a
"desktop" computer is what I'm talking about.)

> Today I am connecting laptop to TV via a s-video cable.

For a much better result, connect the TV to the computer's VGA output.

The "TV outputs" on the computer will work, but you pay a tremendous price
in terms of picture quality. Even though the S-video output is the best
option most computers offer for TV output, quality is still low.

> The quality of video is not good.

If you have to scale the video to get it on the screen, quality will suffer.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Inspiron 6000
Next: Raid question