From: n o s p a m p l e a s e on
On Jan 24, 8:17 pm, "William R. Walsh"
<newsgrou...(a)idontwantjunqueemail.walshcomptech.com> wrote:
> For a much better result, connect the TV to the computer's VGA output.

Hi,

In this case I guess I have to run a separate cable for audio. VGA
will carry only video. Am I right?

Thanx/NSP
From: Tom Scales on

Yes

From: Bob Villa on
On Jan 24, 10:44 pm, n o s p a m p l e a s e <nospam.ple...(a)live.com>
wrote:
> On Jan 24, 8:17 pm, "William R. Walsh"
>
> <newsgrou...(a)idontwantjunqueemail.walshcomptech.com> wrote:
> > For a much better result, connect the TV to the computer's VGA output.
>
> Hi,
>
> In this case I guess I have to run a separate cable for audio. VGA
> will carry only video. Am I right?
>
> Thanx/NSP

I can only tell you my experience with this: my laptop is 4/3 and my
Sammy is 40" 16/9. When I connect it to VGA there is no display on
the laptop and the monitor (TV) fills the screen the same as the
laptop.

bob
From: William R. Walsh on
Hi!

> In this case I guess I have to run a separate cable for audio. VGA
> will carry only video. Am I right?

VGA does not carry audio. So, yes, you will need to run a separate
audio cable.

William
From: William R. Walsh on
Hi!

> When I connect it to VGA there is no display on the laptop
> and the monitor (TV) fills the screen the same as the
> laptop.

That's not usually the default behavior. But I should have remembered
that nearly all laptops allow the turning off of their internal
display when an external one is connected.

If the original poster's laptop won't run two displays at separate
resolutions, turning off the built in panel very well could be the
solution, as there would be no need to try and get both displays
running properly at the same resolution.

William
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Inspiron 6000