From: Grant on
I have just got my VO 2.8 app to the stage where I'd like to create an
installable version but my 2.6 Install Maker doesn't work. I couldn't
find one for 2.8. does it exist and if not is there something else
available for download? I guess I can do it all manually but I liked
using the 2.6 version as it simplified making setup a setup disk.
Thanks for any help.
Grant
From: Carlos Rocha on
Hi Grant,

VO 2.8 doesn't come with any install program like the old Install Maker.
As I'm the first one to reply, try Inno Setup or NSIS Install System,
but I believe this thread will grow and you'll be able to pick from a
lot of them.

http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php
http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

--
Carlos Rocha
From: Massimo Bighelli on
Advanced Installer

Massimo

From: Geoff Schaller on
Spend the money.

Advanced Installer

From: richard.townsendrose on
Grant

I use INNO nad have done for years ... its really powerful - unless
you need to install microsoft's sql server and other such junk, then
go for inno

you need innosetup from http://www.jrsoftware.org/ as pointed out
THEN you need the clever bit .. http://www.istool.org/

this actually creates the scripts automatically.

we have to launch all sorts of other things in different places.

to take things a step further we create an html page which allows
several scripts [like stuff that goes on different machines ...] so we
have oine install for the whole system - licencing mamagement, client
server engine [ADS of course], standard report layouts [on server],
and then the local software install creating relevant directories and
ini files and registry stuff.

and that inno ...

great - and because its free it has a mega user base, and thats means
its tested lots.

richard