From: Johnny on

"Johnny" <johnnylfnospam(a)tin.it> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi there from Italy,
>
> I have a pc without any kind of peripheral, so i would install windows xp
> on this machine making this moves:
>
> I disconnect the Hard disc from machine 1 (without peripherals like
> cd-dvd-floppy-usb)
> I connect hdd to new machine and i copy folder i:\386 on hdd
>
> At this point i would have disconnect Hdd from complete machine and
> reconnect it
> on the machine without peripherals, so start installation from hdd.
>
> Ok...but...how i can start this pc without an O.S.?
>
> Is There a solution? Anyone knows a method?
>
> Thank to all of you.
>
> Jay

Buongiorno e grazie a tutti per le risposte!!

It's better in English...? Ok...ok...eh eh
Good morning and thanks to all of you for your replies.
Well... i know perfectly that it's easier buying cd rom drive and install
the OS,
but there is something to tell:

All operation must be made on a tablet pc fujitsu, that hasn't any kind of
driver.
I haven't a copy of old broken hard disc so i cannot use norton ghost
An external drive is very expensive because unically for fujitsu
This tablet pc was given with a special version of BIOS and OS to limitate
use to a particular application.
The only solution to use this tablet is to change hard disc preinstalling
i:\386
and follow Philo's solution that seems very good.

Have a nice day

Jay

From: philo on

> All operation must be made on a tablet pc fujitsu, that hasn't any kind of
> driver.
> I haven't a copy of old broken hard disc so i cannot use norton ghost
> An external drive is very expensive because unically for fujitsu
> This tablet pc was given with a special version of BIOS and OS to limitate
> use to a particular application.
> The only solution to use this tablet is to change hard disc preinstalling
> i:\386
> and follow Philo's solution that seems very good.

Please post back and let us know how it worked...
the suggestion I gave *in theory* should work
but the truth is I have never actually tried a harddrive only install of XP

From: marika on
housetrained wrote:

> Using Norton Ghost?

a new cartoon!

Norton Ghost from coast to coast

mk5000

"I'm not rich, and need to
avoid spending an arm & a leg (pun intended). I figured I would get
her one
to three knives for the holidays. I was planing to hold off getting
her the
ceramic knives till her graduation."--John

From: Johnny on

"philo" <philo(a)privacy.net> ha scritto nel messaggio

>> All operation must be made on a tablet pc fujitsu, that hasn't any kind
>> of driver.
>> I haven't a copy of old broken hard disc so i cannot use norton ghost
>> An external drive is very expensive because unically for fujitsu
>> This tablet pc was given with a special version of BIOS and OS to
>> limitate
>> use to a particular application.
>> The only solution to use this tablet is to change hard disc preinstalling
>> i:\386
>> and follow Philo's solution that seems very good.
>>

> Please post back and let us know how it worked...
> the suggestion I gave *in theory* should work
> but the truth is I have never actually tried a harddrive only install of
> XP

Ok Friends...
it works properly and i have followed (i think) the only good solution
available.
In this poi complete procedure to execute operations:

Star from Floppy win 98 / Me
Format a brand new Hdd in Fat32
By a second pc, put in your hdd i:\386 (Remember: we aven't any kind of
periferral except floppy)
Put in your hdd smartdrv.exe

restart you pc by floppy and start smartdrv
go into i:\386 and start winnt
It works!

Once i have completed setup of windows xp, obviously i have connected a
normal
cd drive by usb.

Bye boys!

have a nice Christmas and happy new year from Italy to all of you

Jay

From: philo on

> Ok Friends...
> it works properly and i have followed (i think) the only good solution
> available.
> In this poi complete procedure to execute operations:
>
> Star from Floppy win 98 / Me
> Format a brand new Hdd in Fat32
> By a second pc, put in your hdd i:\386 (Remember: we aven't any kind of
> periferral except floppy)
> Put in your hdd smartdrv.exe
>
> restart you pc by floppy and start smartdrv
> go into i:\386 and start winnt
> It works!
>
> Once i have completed setup of windows xp, obviously i have connected a
> normal
> cd drive by usb.
>
> Bye boys!
>
> have a nice Christmas and happy new year from Italy to all of you

Glad it worked
and thanks for posting back!