From: Babs5474 on
What does this mean? What, if anything, can be done about it?
--
Wants to know more
From: Maurice N ~ MVP on
Hi Babs,

0x80246001 means The URL for a file is not found. "
The requested file does not have an URL

"
Please post an *extract* from your Windows Update log.
Use Notepad or Wordpad and open & look at the Windows Update log file
C:\Windows\WindowsUpdate.log or C:\WINNT\WindowsUpdate.log

Scroll down all the way. Get / copy / paste back here the set of lines for (today's ) the last session.

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

From: Babs5474 on
Office 2003 Update for Office 2003 French Grammar Checker (KB873381)
Saturday, June 11, 2005 Automatic Updates
Office 2003 Update for Office 2003 (KB887980) Saturday, June 11, 2005
Automatic Updates
Office 2003 Update for Office 2003 (KB885828) Saturday, June 11, 2005
Automatic Updates
Office 2003 Update for Office 2003 French Spelling Checker and Thesaurus
(KB892258) Saturday, June 11, 2005 Automatic Updates
Office 2003 Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB894384) Saturday,
Office 2003 Update for Office 2003 (KB887980) Saturday, June 11, 2005
Automatic Updates
Office 2003 Update for Office 2003 (KB885828) Saturday, June 11, 2005
Automatic Updates
Office 2003 Update for Office 2003 French Spelling Checker and Thesaurus
(KB892258) Saturday, June 11, 2005 Automatic Updates
Office 2003 Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB894384) Saturday,
June 11, 2005 Automatic Updates
These are the updates that failed to install. The install error was for
the second item. However, each had it's own error code. Maybe they weren't
vital, I don't know.
--
Wants to know more

From: Babs5474 on

-- Update 'Update Office 2003 Patch:WINWORD 6502' could not be installed.
Error code 1603
Wants to know more

From: Maurice N ~ MVP on
Hi Babs,

If this is from Automatic Updates (of Windows updates), I'd like for you to post an extract of the WindowsUpdate.log for that session only.

It's conceivable your system may have had an open copy of the Ofiice apps at the time this update was being processed, which would sorta explain a conflict situation.

You may consider this: Close your open user apps. Run 'Help', then select 'Detect and Repair' in one of the Office products.
Let it do a repair. When done, logoff & restart Windows. Then use your IE browser to visit Office Update site.
http://officeupdate.micrsosoft.com

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Babs5474 wrote:
> -- Update 'Update Office 2003 Patch:WINWORD 6502' could not be
> installed. Error code 1603
> Wants to know more

Pages: 1
Prev: 0x8009200D Error message