From: Willie The Wimp on

My Asus manual sez to install cpu only after mobo is installed in case.
I usually install cpu with mobo on bench-top.

They prolly figger you'll klutz it and break the cpu fan working the
board into the case or similar.

Any opinions?

Willie
From: ~hp-hdx~ on

"Willie The Wimp" <Cadillac.coffin(a)screwmail.com> wrote in message

> My Asus manual sez to install cpu only after mobo is installed in case.
> I usually install cpu with mobo on bench-top.
>
> They prolly figger you'll klutz it and break the cpu fan working the
> board into the case or similar.
>
> Any opinions?
>
> Willie

I do it the way you do it.
Much easier to install outside of the box.

From: TVeblen on
On 5/13/2010 8:38 PM, ~hp-hdx~ wrote:

> "Willie The Wimp" <Cadillac.coffin(a)screwmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> My Asus manual sez to install cpu only after mobo is installed in case.
>> I usually install cpu with mobo on bench-top.
>>
>> They prolly figger you'll klutz it and break the cpu fan working the
>> board into the case or similar.
>>
>> Any opinions?
>>
>> Willie
>
> I do it the way you do it.
> Much easier to install outside of the box.

Same here.
I think you are right, they are selling to a mass market and they can't
be sure that the person assembling the box has good, if any, knowledge
or experience, so they give everyone the "for dummies" instruction sheet.
From: Conor on
On 14/05/2010 11:58, TVeblen wrote:
> On 5/13/2010 8:38 PM, ~hp-hdx~ wrote:
>>
>> "Willie The Wimp" <Cadillac.coffin(a)screwmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> My Asus manual sez to install cpu only after mobo is installed in case.
>>> I usually install cpu with mobo on bench-top.
>>>
>>> They prolly figger you'll klutz it and break the cpu fan working the
>>> board into the case or similar.
>>>
>>> Any opinions?
>>>
>>> Willie
>>
>> I do it the way you do it.
>> Much easier to install outside of the box.
>
> Same here.

And another. The force required to put on the HSF nowadays flexes the
board too much for my liking when its in the case.

--
Conor I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.
From: Mike Tomlinson on
In article <R_mdnae3Z5sCBnHWnZ2dnUVZ_uSdnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, ~hp-hdx~
<bogus(a)dont.use> writes

>I do it the way you do it.
>Much easier to install outside of the box.

Agreed. Also easier to fit the memory beforehand.

--
Mike Tomlinson