From: truskool on

Hi.
Did any one ever resolve ur issue?
I have the same problem and have scoured all forums. No luck.
It started happening for me after a bios update.
But going back to original bios has not resolved the issue.
I have a gigabyte ga x48 dq6.
Please help. Its my DAW.

From: Gabriel Knight on

Hi I have an X48-DS5 (F5 ver.) I have had no problems with it but it comes
with a program to save power up to 70% through the mobo or something but I
just dont see a need for it so I dont install it. I have a big 3D card
samwitched in the case - Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512Mb, and a Q9550 quad
core CPU @ 2.83, I reccomend getting a pc case that has a temperature guage
as my CPU dose get a bit warm from some games and video authoring. The
X48-DS5 has two PCIE busses for SLI video I cant afford another card so I
dont know what two are like. Its good as far as USB go mine has 10 USB, 6 at
the back of the board and I have 4 at the top of my case. So far this board
has been good to me I reccomend getting one.

GK

From: Gabriel Knight on
I made a mistake this board has CrossFireX not SLI

GK

"Gabriel Knight" <fakeemail(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi I have an X48-DS5 (F5 ver.) I have had no problems with it but it comes
> with a program to save power up to 70% through the mobo or something but I
> just dont see a need for it so I dont install it. I have a big 3D card
> samwitched in the case - Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512Mb, and a Q9550 quad
> core CPU @ 2.83, I reccomend getting a pc case that has a temperature
> guage as my CPU dose get a bit warm from some games and video authoring.
> The X48-DS5 has two PCIE busses for SLI video I cant afford another card
> so I dont know what two are like. Its good as far as USB go mine has 10
> USB, 6 at the back of the board and I have 4 at the top of my case. So far
> this board has been good to me I reccomend getting one.
>
> GK
>

>>> Dilemma is: Buy another X48-DS4 (or, I just found there is a DS5...) or
>>> try out
>>> a different brand? I have a P35-DS4 in my other machine, and it runs
>>> fine. I
>>> don't know if this is going to be a recurring problem with Gigabyte, so
>>> I'm
>>> looking for experiences & recommendations for alternatives. I will
>>> keep the
>>> Q9450, 2x2 GB OCZ Reaper DDR2-1066, HD3850 gfx, and all other
>>> peripherals.

Pages: 1
Prev: USB for all occasions
Next: Install mobo, then cpu