From: maria on
What happened to my InstallShield? Every time I
try to install a program I get:

"0x80040706 Object Reference Not Set"

What does this mean? And how can I correct the
situation?

Dell Dimension 8400, Windows XP, 1 GIG RAM, 3.5 GIG CPU

Thank you!
From: housetrained on
This error might occur if there is an old version of the InstallShield
engine on your computer. It may also occur because of something specific in
the installation. The software vendor should be notified if the suggestions
in this article do not address the error.
Fix
To fix this error, download and install the latest installation engines
using the instructions in the following article: Update to the Latest
InstallShield Installation Engines.

Glossary Terms
engine

Does Your Issue Still Exist?
If after following these instructions your product failed to install, you'll
need to contact your vendor. See the Who to Contact page for more
information.

--
John the West Ham fan
housetrained(a)hotmail.com

From: housetrained on
Sorry, I seem to have forgot to give the link.
Here it is http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108322

--
John the West Ham fan
housetrained(a)hotmail.com

From: maria on
housetrained,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I have already tried this
method, but nothing happened. I still cannot
use any "setup" file that uses the InstallShield.
I get the same error.
Thank you again.

maria

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:18:14 GMT, "housetrained"