From: xxxxx on
I have a old Sony PCG-FX103 (but it says PCG954C on the label) And
have tried to install Ubuntu without success. It is currently
running Windows XP.

I get the 'Language' screen then nothing. The CD/DVD drive is reading
and there is some HD activity but nothing else. Any ideas please?
--

Dystopia
From: Denis McMahon on
xxxxx wrote:
> I have a old Sony PCG-FX103 (but it says PCG954C on the label) And
> have tried to install Ubuntu without success. It is currently
> running Windows XP.
>
> I get the 'Language' screen then nothing. The CD/DVD drive is reading
> and there is some HD activity but nothing else. Any ideas please?

First issue - is it the cd or the machine.

Can you boot other machines from the cd?

Do you have any other livecds about that you could try booting the
laptop from?

Rgds

Denis McMahon
From: Dystopia on
Sorry for the delay in responding. I have tried two different
flavours to the same effect. I am pretty sure it is the PC

--

Dystopia