From: James Stuckey on
Could someone please provide me with directions for installing Debian from a
usb stick?

Please reply to my address as I'm not subscribed to the debian-user list.
From: Kousik Maiti on
Try this

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

--
Wishing you the very best of everything, always!!!
Kousik Maiti(কৌশিক মাইতি)
From: Jordan Metzmeier on

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 12:18:57PM -0400, Jordan Metzmeier wrote:
> I am a regular help on the Debian IRC channel, and I can say that I am
> not sure unetbootin works for anyone. I have tested once myself, and I
> had the same issue has the floods of users on IRC. "failed to find cdrom
> devices". For this reason, we push the usb installation method
> documented in the install guide.

I personally have never had a problem with unetbootin. I've created
several bootable USB drives with it: Fedora, Ubuntu, Debian and more.
Works great here.

--
. O . O . O . . O O . . . O .
. . O . O O O . O . O O . . O