From: GoTrojans on
Due to a request by a DR vendor, we need to install a Public certificate on
our Exchange 2007 server with the mailbox, HUB and CAS roles. The Public
certificate will be exported from the Exchange 2007 server and then imported
into their DR appliance. The vendor will not support the internal self
signed certificate.

Before I proceed, are any of you aware of gotcha's that I need to take into
account?

Thanks

Ron
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:49:43 -0800, GoTrojans
<GoTrojans(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Due to a request by a DR vendor, we need to install a Public certificate on
>our Exchange 2007 server with the mailbox, HUB and CAS roles. The Public
>certificate will be exported from the Exchange 2007 server and then imported
>into their DR appliance. The vendor will not support the internal self
>signed certificate.
>
>Before I proceed, are any of you aware of gotcha's that I need to take into
>account?

Just make sure you request an exportable private key! And when you
import the cert be sure to say you want to be able to export that key
later.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
Sounds like you know what you're doing. Good luck!
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: Andrew Hodgson on
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:49:43 -0800, GoTrojans
<GoTrojans(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Due to a request by a DR vendor, we need to install a Public certificate on
>our Exchange 2007 server with the mailbox, HUB and CAS roles. The Public
>certificate will be exported from the Exchange 2007 server and then imported
>into their DR appliance. The vendor will not support the internal self
>signed certificate.

Would be interested to know which vender/appliance this is...

If this is the first public cert you have purchased remember to get
the SAN names for the internal and external domains so as to stop
Outlook clients complaining internally when they try and read the
information from the EWS.

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/02/19/435472.aspx

Andrew.