From: john81 on
I know this can be done with the use of the capicom dll file, but i
found two possible crypt32 API calls that might work without the need
to include an additional DLL with my application.

Declare Function CertAddEncodedCertificateToStore Lib "crypt32" (ByRef
hCertStore As Long, ByVal dwCertEncodingType As Long, ByVal
pbCertEncoded As String, ByVal cbCertEncoded As Long, ByVal
dwAddDisposition As Long, ByRef ppCertContext As Long) As Long

Declare Function CertAddCertificateContextToStore Lib "crypt32" (ByRef
hCertStore As Long, ByRef pCertContext As Long, ByVaL dwAddDisposition
As Long, ByRef ppStoreContext As Long) As Long

Could any of the experts out there perhaps be able to provide me
sample usage on how to install mycert.crt to the "Trusted Root
Certificate Authorities" store?