From: ats on
I ahve a program written in VB6 that sends payment details to a third
party. They send back a reply and I parse if teh payment was or wasn't
accepted.

To create the xml I use MSXML2.XMLHTTP26. This has been running pefectly on
Win XP. However, I have just started migrating people in the office to
Vista and have hit a problem in that I get an error telling me the Active X
Object could not be created. Any help with fixing this would be much
appreciated.

TIA

--
ats(a)jbex

When an old lady got hit by a truck
I saw the wicked gleam in your eyes

Adam and The Ants - Whip In My Valise
From: Jason Keats on
ats(a)jbex wrote:
> I ahve a program written in VB6 that sends payment details to a third
> party. They send back a reply and I parse if teh payment was or wasn't
> accepted.
>
> To create the xml I use MSXML2.XMLHTTP26. This has been running
> pefectly on Win XP. However, I have just started migrating people in
> the office to Vista and have hit a problem in that I get an error
> telling me the Active X Object could not be created. Any help with
> fixing this would be much appreciated.

I use MSXML2.XMLHTTP30 with no problems on everything from 98 to Vista.

You should supply more information, ie code and error messages.

From: ats on
On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:30:43 +1100, Jason Keats wrote:

> ats(a)jbex wrote:
>> I ahve a program written in VB6 that sends payment details to a third
>> party. They send back a reply and I parse if teh payment was or wasn't
>> accepted.
>>
>> To create the xml I use MSXML2.XMLHTTP26. This has been running
>> pefectly on Win XP. However, I have just started migrating people in
>> the office to Vista and have hit a problem in that I get an error
>> telling me the Active X Object could not be created. Any help with
>> fixing this would be much appreciated.
>>

> I use MSXML2.XMLHTTP30 with no problems on everything from 98 to Vista.
>
> You should supply more information, ie code and error messages.

Yes, I have sorted it out by using MSXML2.XMLHTTP30. Thanks.
--
ats(a)jbex

Every year is the same
And I feel it again,