From: Jan Klaverstijn on
On 21-06-10 21:06, wisecrack wrote:
> On Jun 14, 10:30 am, Christie<christie.mettenbr...(a)dhha.org> wrote:
>> On Jun 12, 7:35 am, Fred<jianyun.fred...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All,
>>
>>> Just a quick question, whether I can install SAS9.2 in a 64 bit
>>> machine with x64 WIN7, which I used to install in a 32 bit machine
>>> with XP before??
>>
>>> Also whether SAS differentiates x64 and x86 versions separately?
>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> I just received a new computer- a 64 bit machine with windows 7. The
>> SAS disks that I had were 32 bit and they WILL NOT install on your new
>> machine. I had to call SAS and request another set of install disks
>> for 64 bit machines. Once I received those I had no problems getting
>> everything installed.
>>
>> Christie
>
> Hi Christie, I am in the middle of having to purchase a 64bit machine,
> and I would like to be sure that SAS 9.2 under windows 7 will work.
> Are you able to tell me the specs of your 64bit computer? I was not
> able to install 9.2 on an IBM 64bit XP machine.

Only as of 9.2TS2M3 you get support for Win7. See
http://support.sas.com/kb/34/569.html. This is very recent maintenance
release for which you have to go through the software delivery process;
it's not a simple download. Make sure not only your machine is 64bit but
also your OS. Match your SAS version to the OS, not the machine; most
machines are 64-bit architecture for quite some time now. Use ample
memory on a 64-bit OS and SAS will put a smile on your face.

Jan