From: Fred on
Dear All,

Just a quick question, whether I can install SAS9.2 in a 64 bit
machine with x64 WIN7, which I used to install in a 32 bit machine
with XP before??

Also whether SAS differentiates x64 and x86 versions separately?

Thanks
From: RolandRB on
On Jun 12, 3:35 pm, Fred <jianyun.fred...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Just a quick question, whether I can install SAS9.2 in a 64 bit
> machine with x64 WIN7, which I used to install in a 32 bit machine
> with XP before??
>
> Also whether SAS differentiates x64 and x86 versions separately?
>
> Thanks

I installed SAS Learning edition on my Windows 7 laptop. I had to
install it in compatibility mode for Windows XP. I don't know if SAS
9.2 is good for later operating systems. It might vary with the
release of SAS 9.2 as well. You would have to check the documentation
on the SAS support site. But I imagine it would work in XP
compatibility mode.
From: Christie on
On Jun 12, 7:35 am, Fred <jianyun.fred...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Just a quick question, whether I can install SAS9.2 in a 64 bit
> machine with x64 WIN7, which I used to install in a 32 bit machine
> with XP before??
>
> Also whether SAS differentiates x64 and x86 versions separately?
>
> Thanks

I just received a new computer- a 64 bit machine with windows 7. The
SAS disks that I had were 32 bit and they WILL NOT install on your new
machine. I had to call SAS and request another set of install disks
for 64 bit machines. Once I received those I had no problems getting
everything installed.

Christie
From: RolandRB on
On Jun 14, 4:30 pm, Christie <christie.mettenbr...(a)dhha.org> wrote:
> On Jun 12, 7:35 am, Fred <jianyun.fred...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dear All,
>
> > Just a quick question, whether I can install SAS9.2 in a 64 bit
> > machine with x64 WIN7, which I used to install in a 32 bit machine
> > with XP before??
>
> > Also whether SAS differentiates x64 and x86 versions separately?
>
> > Thanks
>
> I just received a new computer- a 64 bit machine with windows 7.  The
> SAS disks that I had were 32 bit and they WILL NOT install on your new
> machine.  I had to call SAS and request another set of install disks
> for 64 bit machines.  Once I received those I had no problems getting
> everything installed.
>
> Christie

It worked for me for SAS Learning edition 4.1 on my new Windows 7 64
bit laptop. I just used compatibility mode when I installed it.
From: wisecrack on
On Jun 14, 10:30 am, Christie <christie.mettenbr...(a)dhha.org> wrote:
> On Jun 12, 7:35 am, Fred <jianyun.fred...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dear All,
>
> > Just a quick question, whether I can install SAS9.2 in a 64 bit
> > machine with x64 WIN7, which I used to install in a 32 bit machine
> > with XP before??
>
> > Also whether SAS differentiates x64 and x86 versions separately?
>
> > Thanks
>
> I just received a new computer- a 64 bit machine with windows 7.  The
> SAS disks that I had were 32 bit and they WILL NOT install on your new
> machine.  I had to call SAS and request another set of install disks
> for 64 bit machines.  Once I received those I had no problems getting
> everything installed.
>
> Christie

Hi Christie, I am in the middle of having to purchase a 64bit machine,
and I would like to be sure that SAS 9.2 under windows 7 will work.
Are you able to tell me the specs of your 64bit computer? I was not
able to install 9.2 on an IBM 64bit XP machine.