From: Jim H of St. Paul on
I have tired to install MS SQL Server KB955706 and get an error code OxD59.
Is ther some wat I can get this to install?
--
Jim
From: Robert Aldwinckle on
(cross-post added to SQL Server Setup)

"Jim H of St. Paul" <jmhrts(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have tired to install MS SQL Server KB955706 and get an error code
> OxD59.
> Is ther some wat I can get this to install?
> --
> Jim

Try a search? First convert your code to decimal...

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337262(SQL.90).aspx

(Microsoft search for
3417 SQL
)

<quote>
SQL Server cannot start the master database. If the master or tempdb cannot
be brought online, SQL Server cannot run. This error is usually preceded by
other errors. Review error logs to find the root cause.
</quote>

For an example of "other errors", modifying the search finds...

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlexpress/thread/9ed58d8c-1911-466c-9dc7-127b020ac237/

(search for
3417 SQL MSFT
)

<quote>
We don't support installing to compressed folders so you'll need to
uncompress before doing any install/upgrade.
</quote>

presumably because the provided log contains 5118 codes before the final
3417 is reported.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---