From: peter on
You will of course need the SATA drivers for your particular
chipset during the install unless you are installing XP SP1

peter

If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate or
disruptive,please ignore it. If you dont know how to ignore a posting
complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-)
"Gerald Bramwell" wrote in message

On 03/08/2010 00:04, Mark Adams wrote:

> "Gerald Bramwell" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to install a new SATA drive and install Windows XP on it. Will I
>> have to completely disconnect all the present hard drives or can I just
>> disconnect just the power leads or just the data leads of each drive?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Gerald
>> .
>>

> I've seen enough people ask here in these newsgroups how XP installed to
> the
> wrong drive and/or drive letter to suggest disconnecting all of the hard
> drives except the one you want to install on. Easy to avoid this error if
> only one drive is in the system during the install. Disconnect the data
> cables, the install cannot proceed if the data can't get to those drives.

Many thanks.

Gerald

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2