From: rashmi2104 on
Hi, I was trying to install the Labview 7.1 Real time module for RTX on my windows-xp (service pack 2) machine. I am getting stuck because of the error: "You must have RTX 5.5 or later installed before installing this product". Do I need to install RTX 5.5 or later version? Where can I get it?thanks and regards,Rashmi
From: muks on
RTX is not compatible with all the desktop pcs. Check <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/03BC0810E60CE93286256E7D007B61F5" target="_blank">this</a> link
From: Stephen_S. on
Hi rashmi2104,&nbsp;What Real-Time target are you intending to deploy to for your
system? If you want to target another part of your host computer, then
you should be using LabVIEW Real-Time for RTX, but if you are planning
to target an external hardware target, you should use LabVIEW Real-Time
for ETS. See <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/86256F0E001DA9FE86256F1000495EAD?OpenDocument" target="_blank">here</a> for more information on the difference between RTX and ETS. &nbsp;If you actually want to use the LabVIEW Real-Time Module for
ETS, as I expect if you do not have RTX installed, then there should
either be a choice during the installation process to install the ETS
version, or a separate disk that will be marked as ETS.&nbsp;Regards,Stephen S.