From: LBT on
Good day experts and seniors,

I have a window service written to process raw data file and save the file
content into database. At the last stage of the processing, the file will be
moved to save folder. Error occurs when the file is trying to be moved to the
save folder. This error is being logged by my window service -
"System.IO.IOException: Insufficient system resources exist to complete the
requested service. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String
str) at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError() at System.IO.FileInfo.MoveTo(String
destFileName)". But I'm sure that there is still enough hard disk space and
RAM in the server (running Wins 2K).

This error is strange as other concurrent window services of same kind
(created for other raw data file formats) are executing just fine and this
error never surface in these window services. After the server is reboot,
this error not happen anymore but I just afraid that it will strike again
someday. Any idea why this error is being given? I checked the "System" event
log, there is an error message being logged for many times at that moment.
The error is "The server was unable to allocate from the system paged pool
because the pool was empty." with "Srv" as the Source.

Please provide me any hint to cope this problem. Thanks a lot