From: Leszek on
Hello!
I'm trying to create a cab file and extract it.
XP is using a library for it, but i cannot find anything about it....
I don't want to use 3rd party's tools like cabarc/compress/extract.
Can someone give me a tip for it?

From: Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] on
"Leszek" <marek(a)zegarek.pl> schrieb:
> I'm trying to create a cab file and extract it.
> XP is using a library for it, but i cannot find anything about it....
> I don't want to use 3rd party's tools like cabarc/compress/extract.
> Can someone give me a tip for it?

Microsoft Cabinet Software Development Kit
<URL:http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;EN-US;310618>

You can build CAB files using the "MAKECAB.EXE" utility that is IIRC
included in Windows. For extracting CAB files, you can use Microsoft's
"EXTRACT.EXE", which is available on the Windows XP CD or as part of the
Windows XP Support Tools:

<URL:http://groups.google.de/groups?selm=u%24EaZ074EHA.1296%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>

Alternative you can use p/invoke on 'SetupIterateCabinet'. A VB6 sample can
be found here:

View and Extract CAB File Contents Programmatically
<URL:http://www.thescarms.com/vbasic/CabExplorer.asp>

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>

From: Ken Tucker [MVP] on
Hi,

Maybe this will help.
http://www.ftponline.com/archives/premier/mgznarch/vbpj/2000/11nov00/kg0011/kg0011.asp

Ken

From: Leszek on
Thank you very much! :)
That's it!

Uýytkownik "Leszek" <marek(a)zegarek.pl> napisaý w wiadomoýci