From: Loane Sharp on
Hi there

I'm new to VB.NET programming and really programming in general.

I have a small binary file on my website that I want to download
programmatically onto my local hard drive.

I can locate the file on my website using (System.Net. namespace) ...

Dim uri As New Uri(<web address goes here>)
Dim req As WebRequest = WebRequest.Create(uri)
Dim resp As WebResponse = req.GetResponse().

Is there a simple way to download this file to my hard drive?

Please help
Best regards
Loane

From: Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] on
"Loane Sharp" <look_sharp(a)hotmail.com> schrieb:
> Is there a simple way to download this file to my hard drive?

'WebClient.DownloadFile'.

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
From: Loane Sharp on
p.s. for instance, how would I copy a .gif file from my website to my local
hard drive programatically?

From: Loane Sharp on
Thanks Herfried, you're a lifesaver.

Best regards
Loane

"Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]" <hirf-spam-me-here(a)gmx.at> wrote in message
> "Loane Sharp" <look_sharp(a)hotmail.com> schrieb:
>> Is there a simple way to download this file to my hard drive?
>
> 'WebClient.DownloadFile'.
>
> --
> M S Herfried K. Wagner
> M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>