From: roy@start-art.co.il on
I am using a Usb Camera of a Vendor named IDS. The provide an ActiveX to control their camera. I use the ActiveX container control to load and init the camera. I am able to get a live display. In order to change the settings of the camera I use the invoke node (so far so good).
In order to do image processing I need to transfer the data from the ActiveX container to a buffer which will be processed later.
Can anyone offer a way to do this? can you direct me to the functions that will do the job?
The&nbsp;ActiveX software Manual can be downloaded from&nbsp;<a href="http://www.start-art.co.il/uEye_activex_manual.pdf" target="_blank">http://www.start-art.co.il/uEye_activex_manual.pdf</a>
One possible way to&nbsp;do this is to use&nbsp;the SaveImage function to be&nbsp;saved to a&nbsp;file and be read later on.( it seems to me not a good idea)
I will be grateful&nbsp;getting any comments.
&nbsp;
Thx,
&nbsp;
Roy&nbsp;
&nbsp;
From: Travis M. on
Good afternoon Roy,

&nbsp;

Thank you for posting to the NI Discussion Forums ? unfortunately,
I will not be able to open the manual and find the exact function to use, but if
you tell me which function you wish to use to have the data returned, I would
be more than happy to give you suggestions on how to structure your program to
use that data.

&nbsp;

Sorry I can?t be more specific at this time ? let me know if
you have any additional information you can provide us.
From: roy@start-art.co.il on
Hello Travis,
I was away for few days. The Method I am using activeX is GetImageMem() it returns a pointer to the head of the buffer with the image data in the memory of the PC.
What function or functions do I have to use in order to provide this pointer, provide the buffer size and&nbsp;get&nbsp; an output&nbsp;&nbsp;"image out" like in all other functions of image acquisition?
&nbsp;
Thanx,
&nbsp;
Roy&nbsp;
From: Travis M. on
Good afternoon Roy,

&nbsp;

I?d like to help, but the link above to the manual is
broken.&nbsp; Also, generally we (NI
Applications Engineers) don?t provide support on code/interfaces written by external
companies.&nbsp; I?d be happy to help you with
how to generally make the ActiveX calls, but generally the investigation in to
which functions to use and how to use them are up to the users to implement,
and the manufacturer to support.&nbsp;
However, one great strategy to use is to look at all available examples
you can find.&nbsp; Most of the ActiveX
example programs you find will be written in other programming languages (such
as C++, C# or VB), but converting these to LabVIEW calls is often much easier
if you have something to work with.&nbsp; The
calls in LabVIEW will follow the same sequence as the ones in the corresponding
example, and the functions should populate with a list when using the invoke
nodes much like ?auto complete? works in the text-based programming language
platforms such as MSVC++, etc?

&nbsp;

Best of luck with your application, if you encounter
problems on the way, I?ll do my best to help but we generally can?t provide too
much help with the functionality of the external interface itself.

&nbsp;

Thanks again for posting, and have a great weekend!